| PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients. |
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
The PIMCO Intern Experience
The PIMCO internship experience is a 10-week program designed to provide you with foundational knowledge and professional skills all while building a powerful network of colleagues. You will participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training in your first week along with ongoing training aimed at giving you firsthand experience of day-to-day life at PIMCO. Additionally you will have the opportunity to participate PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts along with a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
As a PIMCO intern, you will receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations. The PIMCO internship experience directly serves as the main pipeline for our full-time campus and early careers opportunities.
Our goal is to authentically share the PIMCO experience with all of our interns and empower them contribute to the impact we make for not only our clients but our colleagues as well. To learn more, hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events !
Account Managers have a broad range of responsibilities that include building and developing client relationships, monitoring portfolios & communicating strategies, providing information about performance attribution, market performance and macroeconomic conditions, outlining the firm's current outlook and strategy, developing investment objectives, and educating clients about a broad set of investment strategies, products and services. In addition, Account Managers contribute to the Firm's overall investment strategy and economic outlook development process.
Positions are located in London, Munich and Asia
Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a formal week of training programme. The PIMCO Fundamentals training programme will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO - every day, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, individuals will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship.
How to Apply?
If you are applying for a role in one of PIMCO's European locations, please click here for the relevant Privacy Notice which outlines how we process your personal data.
- Submit your resume via your school's career system by your school's designated deadline
- In addition all applicants must ALSO apply in the PIMCO career portal to the requisition of your relevant language skills
Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- The ideal candidate is pursuing an MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited, leading business school or university, or other equivalent Advanced Degree as it relates to the position, completion expected between Dec 2023 and June 2024.
- Preference for candidates whose field of study provides exposure to finance/capital markets, and macroeconomics, or whose business experience and knowledge is aligned with the position
- Fluent in English; Fluency in additional European languages highly desirable
- Professional experience in European countries desirable
Summer Program Details
- Strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics and investment finance
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
- Highly motivated, ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, self-starter, accountable, humble
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
- Starts in mid-June, Week 1 consists of training focused on Fundamentals
- Cross-divisional education, networking & social events
- Formal mentor program
- Formal reviews/feedback at mid-summer and end-of-program
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.