| Position Overview |
About the job
Deutsche Bank Technology in Berlin
DB Technology is a global team of tech specialists, spread across multiple trading hubs and tech centres. We have a strong focus on promoting technical excellence - our engineers work at the forefront of financial services innovation using cutting-edge technologies.
Our Berlin location is our most recent addition to our global network of tech centres and growing strongly. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and to creating excellent opportunities for talented engineers and technologists. Our tech teams and business units use agile ways of working to create #GlobalHausbank solutions from our home market.
Infrastructure, Architecture and Cloud
Our team provides the architectural foundation, end-to-end provisioning, security and operation of DB's Cloud solutions (Public, Hybrid and On-Premise). DB has formed a ten-year strategic partnership with Google. Our goal is to use the full native capabilities of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to build a self-service platform for DB's engineers to safely provision GCP resources without friction. You will be a member of a team that builds and operates this platform.
-> You love this job but feel you cannot tick 100% of the boxes? Send us your CV anyway!
Your key responsibilities
Your skills and experiences
- Managing, coaching, and growing a long-lived, cross-functional engineering team, responsible for the full software development lifecycle for significant platform capabilities, including requirements gathering, coding, testing, documentation and operations.
- Ensuring our teams conduct themselves according to DB's policies and expected standards of behaviour, doing the right thing the right way.
- Role modelling our value and beliefs; being an ambassador for our engineering culture.
- Engaging with our wider enterprise; championing technical excellence, challenging outdated thinking and removing organisational impediments to our success.
- Owning internal customer and external vendor relationships to ensure we are building the right capabilities and have the tools to do it well.
What we will offer you:
- You identify as a generalist who specialises in a few areas. You are comfortable line-managing colleagues from recent graduates to seasoned veterans.
- You can demonstrate how you have helped teams of teams to achieve their goals. You are a practiced trainer, coach and mentor and know where each technique is best applied. You will be sensitive to the needs of your team and use your influence to remove organisational impediments.
- You should have led teams of teams in the build of platforms or services consumed outside of your team. Perhaps you have solved for multi-tenanting, metering or logging at scale in a SaaS product, integrated foundational infrastructure services like secrets management, identity management or software-defined networking in a large organisation, or maybe you have documented, scaled and secured APIs in a cloud or container platform.
- You will be confident working with several programming languages, tools and technologies, including Infrastructure as Code, with the ability to guide colleagues as to the context where each is useful. We prefer Python and Terraform.
- You may have used GCP or another public cloud provider to build applications.
As the benefits may vary marginally from location to location, it is advisable to use the link to our career age:
In case of any recruitment related questions, please get in touch with Maryna Wehab .
Contact Maryna Wehab: +49 (0)69 910 - 42422
Unsere Werte bestimmen das Arbeitsumfeld, welches wir schaffen m??chten - vielf??ltig, wertsch??tzend und offen f??r verschiedene Meinungen. Nur eine Unternehmenskultur, die eine Vielzahl von Perspektiven, sowie kulturellen und gesellschaftlichen Hintergr??nden vereint, f??rdert Innovation. Wir setzten auf vielf??ltige Teams, in welchen die Menschen ihr volles Potential entfalten k??nnen - denn das Zusammenf??hren verschiedener Talente und Ideen spielt eine entscheidende Rolle f??r den gesch??ftlichen Erfolg der Deutschen Bank.
Unsere Unternehmenskultur setzt hohe ethische Standards und f??rdert ein gutes Miteinander. Unabh??ngig von kulturellem Hintergrund, Nationalit??t, ethnischer Zugeh??rigkeit, geschlechtlicher und sexueller Identit??t, k??rperlichen F??higkeiten, Religion und Generation freuen wir uns ??ber Bewerbungen talentierter Menschen.
Sprechen Sie uns an: Wir bieten flexible Arbeitszeitmodelle und weitere Zusatzleistungen, um Sie in Ihrem Berufsleben zu unterst??tzen.
Klicken Sie hier f??r weitere Informationen zu Vielfalt und Teilhabe in der Deutschen Bank.