| Business Overview |
Citi's Asia CGW Business serves two of the fastest growing cities, Singapore and Hongkong through our Retail, IPB and Private Bank Business. Asia CGW business offers a diversified range of products ranging from insurance products to complex wealth management products, including FX Products to more than 115M customers, with US$260Bn in client volumes, US$2.4B of total revenue, Asset Under Management of US$42B along with a deposit book of US$90 Billion. These customers are serviced by 1000 odd Relationship and Private Bankers. With more than a century of enviable brand, Best-in-Class digital client acquisition, diverse Wealth Management product capability and market leadership, we are competitively well-positioned to grow a high-quality customer base that benefits most from our product and network capabilities.
Citi Global Wealth Management (CGW) is an integration of Citi Private Bank and the Consumer Wealth organization into a single platform enabling Citi to serve its clients across the wealth spectrum and capitalize on Citi's industry leading capabilities to support the goal of CGW, which is to be the leading wealth management provider globally. As we embark on this journey, it is imperative to have a strong Risk & Control framework, supporting this goal through an independent but integral Internal Control organization.
This critical position is responsible for driving the implementation of AML Programs for Asia CGW Business and ensuring compliance and alignment with OCC and FRB Consent orders and local regulatory standards and requirements. A key component of the role involves managing country reviews that will support the AML programs in remediating the risks and gaps identified externally (by OCC and in country regulators) and internally (by businesses, AML, Compliance, Internal Audit), thereby materially reducing the AML risks for the Asia CGW Franchise.
The role requires frequent interaction at Global, Regional and Country levels with CGW Business, AML Compliance, Technology including Senior Management to ensure effective management oversight of all AML KYC requirements. The individual will also be responsible for working with the teams in the markets and liaising with various stakeholders on business requirements and solutions related activities and keeping the Country and Regional Management updated on progress and escalations.
This role will report to the Regional CGW AML, KYC, Sanctions and FATCA Risk and Controls Lead.
AML Controls Program
- Translate the large number of AML programs to each business specific needs supported by plans to implement across Asia
- Develop project implementation framework/ infrastructure at global and regional level to track program progress against integrated milestones committed for the region as required
- Lead implementation, reporting and tracking of projects by developing project plans with detailed breakdown of activities and milestones demonstrating an understanding of the projects' interdependencies and key participants, and identifying staffing needs for UAT, training, resources, system and process implications and work with the business for its implementation.
- Lead execution of AML processes for Asia CGW business.
- Understand and translate impact into CGW commitments for resources, systems, data privacy, data quality issues or any other issues arising during the planning and implementation phases.
- Create a framework for Asia CGW to escalate risks, issues and processes and to devise and manage appropriate solutions working with the country, regional and global teams
- Support remediation of AML related issues and data gaps identified through various sources and implement appropriate controls across all countries to prevent recurrence.
- Establish lessons learned process and ensure existing and new lessons are shared across countries
- Ensure alignment of country and regional Business and Functional Requirements with global requirements
- Drive effective implementation of the AML Gold Copy Manager's Control Assessment (MCA) for Asia CGW business.
- University graduate/post-graduate - 10+ years of relevant experience with strong strategic and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of regional business landscape, regional CGW portfolio, business trends and operational requirements
- Strong understanding of the CGW products and business, technology platforms and AML related controls and processes
- Good knowledge of AML policies applicable to the CGW Business and ability to understand regulatory requirements in a fast changing environment and deliver change
- Proven experience of program governance/ project management, with strong ability to take ownership and drive projects independently
- Good stakeholder management skills (e.g. written and verbal communication, influencing and negotiation), able to communicate effectively with senior internal stakeholders
- Strong and resourceful problem solver who can manage issues including project related defects working with the various partners
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills with attention to details
- Ability to work independently, interface and execute with a sense of urgency and deliver tasks effectively
- Proactive, self-motivated and proven ability to use own initiative and judgment and take lead to work with internal and external clients in a positive manner and help deliver solutions that benefit the business
- Proven ability to influence across products and functions and operate effectively at all levels in a collaborative manner ; Demonstrate through delivery of projects the ability to motivate and influence business partners to deliver on milestones/commitments
- Strong interpersonal skills, situational awareness and emotional intelligence
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under multiple time zones and tight schedule
Job Family Group:
Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting