| PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients. |
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
ROLE: Legal Counsel
LOCATION: Hong Kong
OFFICER LEVEL: VP
PIMCO is seeking a Legal Counsel to be based in Hong Kong. This position will report to Senior Legal Counsel and will be part of the Legal function of PIMCO APAC responsible for supporting the legal and compliance function of PIMCO APAC's investment management, funds business and trade floor.
This role will entail building strong internal relationships within APAC as well as globally. These relationships include within the Legal and Compliance Team as well as with Operations and the Business (Account Managers and Portfolio Managers).
This position requires a diplomatic and analytical professional who can:
- Advising the business on legal and regulatory issues relating to the offer of investment products and strategies across APAC
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements and documentation in connection with establishment and offer of investment funds (including traditional and alternative funds) and investment management mandates, including distribution agreement, investment management agreement, subscription agreements, service level agreements etc.
- Advising portfolio managers on trading-related issues as appropriate
- Assist with strategic project implementation (e.g. launch of HK domiciled fund and China QDLP fund), new product launches, new business initiatives, and expansion of existing business initiatives
- Assist with responding to and implementing regulatory change projects
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders including Product Solutions Group, Account Management team, Marketing team and Operations team to implement business projects and objectives
- Support APAC (with a focus on North-East Asia and in particular HK, China, Taiwan, Korea) and global offices (NPB, London and New York) in their initiatives
- An undergraduate or degree in Law, Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics or other related field is required.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in law firms or financial services industry, either in a major law firm, or consultancy/accounting firm or a large and diverse global investment bank or investment management firm
Preferred Experience in
- Knowledge of regional regulatory requirements and compliance considerations
- Implementation of regulatory change projects
- Fixed income or equities
- Chinese language is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
- Knowledge of financial services industry and regulatory regime
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Possess strong communication skills
- Develop teamwork and optimize the use of resources to achieve team or organizational objectives. Lead by persuasion and example
- Be able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate timely follow-up
- Plan, track, manage, and report the implementation of projects: including associated resources, using established project management tools, techniques and/or software
- Understand the business and factors that impact the business
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.