| Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. |
London | Off-Cycle Internship | Investment Banking
Your program's highlights
Our Internship Program is open to students and graduates who want to gain practical experience in the Investment Bank Advanced Execution Services (Quant) function. Over the course of this in-depth, comprehensive 6 month program you will make valuable contributions to the bank's work, develop skills, expand your knowledge and grow in confidence. By the end of the program you will gain a rich, varied insight into our work at Credit Suisse, the industry in general and the diverse teams that collaborate to deliver innovative solutions.
Advanced Execution Services (AES) is the flagship product in the firm's electronic trading franchise, which is used to execute orders on behalf of clients in markets around the globe. The role offers an unrivalled opportunity to learn about global electronic trading, working for an industry-recognized market leader in Algorithmic Trading. The successful candidate will work very closely with the trading desk and technology teams, and be directly involved in a challenging and high-profile area of the finance industry. The role will also entail quantitative work across the broader European Cash Equities platform.
Start date: May 2023
Duration: 6 months
Academic requirements: Graduate in 2022-23 from an undergraduate, Masters or PhD qualification (or equivalent) in any subject area, and available for a full 6 month internship starting in May 2023 and able to start full-time employment in 2024
Your field of responsibility
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Focus on intraday equity markets and research behind enhancements towards execution algorithms.
- Primary responsibility will be for fundamental research and/or performance attribution to drive enhanced also performance - both new and existing
- Further work includes more bespoke and/or customised reporting and analysis and working on targeted improvements
- Some Tech development will be required with automation and repeatability a focus, though exact responsibilities will depend on the candidate and their experience/expertise
- Primarily an agency execution focus rather than a proprietary trading focus
Your future colleagues
As part of our forward-thinking team you will enjoy a dynamic, exciting working environment. You will contribute to, and benefit from, our strong team spirit, and your colleagues' expertise guarantees opportunities for professional growth. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our culture.
Your qualifications and skills
Demonstrate the skills and attributes you bring to this key position within the AES Off-Cycle Internship. Tell us how your experience, character and vision connect with the responsibilities required and prospects we offer. You are:
The Campus Recruitment team would be delighted to receive your application.
- Scientific academic background (physics/maths/engineering/etc, Masters or Phd)
- Significant Plusses Include
- Experience in Python, R or Matlab (but will consider if candidate has experience in similar analytical tools)
- Experience with SQL / relational databases
- Visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Knowledge and experience of market microstructure and / or limit order books
- Experience with High Frequency Tick data (e.g. onetick).
- Experience with automated agency trading systems
- Other Pluses Include
- Equity trading background / research experience in intraday trading
- Experience in a quantitative role in a major buy-side or sell-side financial institution is a plus
- Experience in compiled languages (e.g. Java, C#, C )
- Ability to perform under pressure, both on individual and team assignments
- Excellent communication skills, written and conversational
Please apply via our career portal.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success