| Institutional Credit Management's ("ICM") objective is to provide an integrated "end-to-end" credit underwriting, identification, measurement, management, monitoring and reporting for wholesale credit businesses across the enterprise. Institutional Client Group ( ICG ) In-Business Quality Assurance is an integral part of the ICM organization. |
The ICG In-Business Quality Assurance function (QA) verifies that established standards, policies and processes are followed and consistently applied. ICG Management uses the results of the quality assurance reviews to assess the quality of the group's policies, procedures, programs and practices as relates to the management of wholesale credit risk. The results help management identify operational weaknesses, risks associated with the function, training needs and process deficiencies.
Global Head of In-Business Quality Assurance reports results of Quality Assurance Reviews (QARs) to management of the respective ICG business, Wholesale Credit Risk (WCR) and critical stakeholders.
This role reports directly the ICM Head of BCMA In-Business Quality Assurance Functional Head
- Lead the implementation and ongoing delivery of a robust Quality Assurance function in accordance with the coverage universe with focus on Specialised Industries (Autos, Energy, Commodities etc.) and Regional Markets
- Ensure effective credible challenge to Business Region Heads and Portfolio Managers as regards credit reviews and process quality to ensure that weaknesses in such processes are identified and escalated as appropriate
- Ensures wholesale credit risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank's risk appetite and all policies and standards established within the risk governance framework
- Accountable for leading the Quality Assurance team which is responsible for execution of the following:
- Consistent and objective assessments during QARs
- Subsequent follow-up on corrective actions that were raised during QARs
- Synthesize and prepare Quality Assurance Reports to ICG business management that communicate and measure results and identify negative trends and potential solutions
- Interact with the respective senior management across ICG, to ensure that quality assurance protocols are adequate for all portfolios
- Provide oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structure potential solutions and drive effective resolution with stakeholders
- Assist in the establishment of WCR IBQA policies, procedures, risk assessment and controls to drive effective QA coverage and standards
- Stay abreast of relevant changes to rules/regulations and other industry news including regulatory findings
- Act as a change agent coaching staff in areas with noted deficiencies and sharing best practices
- Ensure ongoing and timely feedback and coaching of ICG Quality Assurance staff to sustain a strong control culture and an unwavering commitment to excellence in execution
- Attract, develop and retain top quality assurance staff
- Support the Global Head of WLCR IBQA on internal projects and initiatives
- Support WCR IBQA Voice of the Employee (VOE) as well as diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Travel (less than 10%)
- Demonstratable quality or credit assurance experience, including 10-12 years in wholesale banking, credit risk management, internal audit, loan review or quality assurance review function at an investment or large commercial bank
- Deep knowledge of Wholesale Credit Processes and organizational awareness, covered portfolios, and processes
- Proficient understanding of policies and procedures with the ability to execute change seamlessly
- Exceptional knowledge and experience on designing and implementing robust Quality Assurance framework, from initial assessment of concerns and monitoring strategy, execution of scripts and procedures, development of housing infrastructure and database maintenance, reporting to senior management of observed findings, and continuous improvement, working closely and independently with the Global Head of WLCR IBQA and Regional Heads
- Strong grasp of the markets and lending wholesale credit risk covered process, to evaluate findings within the Quality Assurance process, determine materiality and partnering with business for ongoing improvement, problem detection and sustainable remediation
- Significant experience in preparing presentations for seniors
- Outstanding awareness and adherence to the control environment including Quality Assurance
- Strategic orientation to ensure the ICM organization continues to be positioned as a thoughtful and proactive partner on driving best practices to support safety and soundness within ICM and Citi
- Recognized as a skilful manager with a track record of building high performing teams
- Proven culture carrier
- Powerful interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and exert influence with and without direct authority
- Solid organizational skills with ability and willingness to work under pressure and manages time and priorities effectively with little to no supervision
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills
- BA/BSc or higher degree in Business (MBA), or any other related subject
Job Family Group:
Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting