| Overview |
Sr. Application Support Engineer
About BNY Mellon:
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
About Newton-Investment Management:
The Newton Investment Management Group describes a group of affiliated companies that provide investment advisory services under the brand name 'Newton' or 'Newton Investment Management'. Those companies are Newton Investment Management Ltd, registered in the UK, and Newton Investment Management North America LLC, registered in the US, and both are indirect subsidiaries of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation ('BNY Mellon').
Newton is an active investment management firm with US$100 billion of assets under management as of December 31, 2022. We use thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure our clients' futures. Newton North America provides discretionary and non-discretionary investment advice to institutional clients, including US and global pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, registered mutual funds, other pooled investment vehicles and other institutions. Its current office locations include London, Boston, New York and San Francisco.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Sr. Application Support Engineer to join our Newton- Support and Infrastructure team. This role is located in Boston, MA-HYBRID
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Manage first & second line application support issues, following issue and problem management process and ensuring work is prioritised appropriately. Ensure escalation to BNY Mellon infrastructure teams, if required, and communicate issues to line management, business users and technology management, as appropriate.
- Work with DevOps engineers to ensure changes to production applications and infrastructure have appropriate handover and operational oversight. Where issues occur, ensure workarounds are appropriately documented for operational team and health checks are expanded to prevent recurrence, if appropriate.
- Act as a point of contact between Newton & BNY Mellon shared technical service teams for all operational activities relating to Newton Technology.
- Review and work through test documentation and playbooks for global Disaster Recovery events.
- Manage and rectify any infrastructure or application failures during failover events or during application releases.
- Build strong relationships with assigned development teams.
- Troubleshoot problems across distributed systems and take responsibility for the oversight of storage, compute, scalability and resilience of applications and tooling within Newton's product areas.
- Work closely with internal Platform Engineering team to ensure vulnerabilities within tooling and applications are resolved in line with corporate requirements.
- For platforms developed outside of BNY Mellon, liaise with product vendors when necessary to log issues, request assistance in the resolution of these issues and gain further understanding of products.
- Be aware of information risk, following prescribed processes escalating observed situations to the Newton SIRO as appropriate.
- Provide oversight over BNY Mellon's Transitional Services Agreement, TSA, ensuring quality and accountability in the service they provide to the Newton line of business.
- Provide support and assistance to the Newton Quants and the Multi-Asset team on UDT's built using technologies such as Macros, Gitlab, Servers, Docker, Python, R etc.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Experience within the Investment Management Industry
- Minimum 4 years' experience within Application Support
- Experience working with Programming Languages Java and Python
- Experience with programming language R preferred
- Experience with MatLab preferred
- Experience with configuring Gitlab CI/CD pipelines preferred
- Experience using Docker preferred
- Experience working within a global support structure preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of 011our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.