| Barclays Overview |
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
Barclays' Banking division provides comprehensive financial advisory, cB raising, financing and risk management services to corporations, governments and financial institutions worldwide. We take an integrated approach to client coverage, providing access to bankers who have industry and geography specific expertise across all investment banking products.
In order to provide the most complete set of financial solutions and advisory services, our investment bankers partner with product specialists in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and capital markets to help clients achieve their strategic and financial objectives.
------------------ Overall purpose of role
As a Director within the Sustainable Capital Markets team, this person will deliver deep knowledge through strategic dialogue with clients and ESG Ratings Agencies with a particular focus and lead role on strategic ESG Rating content. The role will have a specific focus on building the Banking business across the Sustainable Capital Markets Group and providing strategic ESG Rating dialogue to clients in conjunction with client bankers, global sector partners and other product areas. Directors in Investment Banking will make a significant impact on their group's business by taking direct responsibility for the achievement of the group's goals as well as fostering key client relationships to enhance both revenue generation as well as the group's long-term strategic position.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Origination of business from existing and new clients, supervising the execution of transactions, and supporting a range of activities as the product/technical expert to succeed in enhancing the Firm's long-term strategic position.
- Consistent and proactive marketing in order to create customised value-add solutions, using the full breadth of the bank's products and services.
- Provide ESG Rating content and strategic dialogue to client base.
- Together with relevant product colleagues, be responsible for the origination of Sustainable Finance opportunities across the client base.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Drive performance development expectations and contribute to the development of individual employees.
- Incorporate team building as an active part of business strategy.
- Support corporate team building and be an advocate of training and mentorship
- Ensure that the work culture is conducive to promoting a positive work environment.
- As a representative of the firm's ideologies and mission statement, will work to regulate, modify and implement changes that are aimed to boost employee efficiency and garner profits to the firm.
Risk and Control Objective
- Act as a trusted advisor to all clients.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the client's management, long and medium term strategy, key business areas and financial situation and use this knowledge to identify, assess, promote and maximize business opportunities, using and focusing on the full range of products from Barclays products and services.
- Manage strategic business plans and evaluate profitability of the plans including responsibility for both origination and execution of transactions.
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Strong track record in Investment Banking.
- Strong knowledge of Investment Banking market/ environment.
- Knowledge of ESG Rating Agencies and associated methodologies as well as proven client relationship skills within the area at senior management levels.
- Extensive transaction experience in the ESG Rating Advisory space
- Extensive product knowledge to deliver Sustainable Finance opportunities to the business.
- Proven origination capability
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA degree preferred
- Excellent Investment Banking experience.
- Excellent experience in relevant capital markets/coverage field
- Sufficient knowledge of compliance, Barclays business principles and corporate values, key applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and local language
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.