| Job description |
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you???re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you???ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world???s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC???s wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers??? needs.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Digital Copywriter.
- Produce clear, concise copy for a range of content projects
- Apply UX best practice and our tone of voice to the content you produce, making sure we sound like HSBC in everything you write, whether it???s a small chunk of microcopy or an entire product journey
- Peer review content written by your colleagues in the Editorial & Copy team and occasionally that written by agencies
- Collaborate with product experts and risk experts to ensure the content you produce is accurate and compliant as well as on-brand and effective
- Take accountability for the success of the projects you???re working on, and for organising and prioritising your own workload
- Use audience insights, SEO research, data and analytics to inform your work
- Look for opportunities to improve our customers??? digital experience and/or the way we do things
- Contribute to the collaborative and supportive spirit of our Editorial & Copy team, helping to make HSBC a great place to work
You???ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Experience of copywriting and editing, using brand guidelines and writing in a variety of different tones of voice
- Understanding of best practice in UX and writing for the web
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues in complex language
- Able to collaborate effectively with others, including UXers, product managers and other copywriters
- Able to constructively resolve conflicts or differences with stakeholders
- Champions the cause of copywriting and tone of voice around the business
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines while achieving successful outcomes
- Resilient and self-motivated
- Copywriting, English or journalism qualification (or equivalent)
- Comfortable questioning and challenging constructively and explaining your approach to stakeholders at all levels
- Experience working with agencies, particularly for usability testing
- Familiar with the use of tools such as JIRA, Confluence and Adobe Experience Manager
- Financial services experience, or experience of another highly regulated industry
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.