| Have you ever wondered how banks manage the many evolving risks they face? At Morgan Stanley, our Firm Risk Management Division identifies, measures, monitors, and controls risks. Some of those risks include, but are not limited to, regulatory risk and the risk of financial loss to the Firm and our clients. Through independent assessment of the effectiveness and consistency of risk management processes, we mitigate potential harm to the Firm and our clients. |
Our risk departments, called "Risk Stripes", seek to uphold, and improve different components of our risk framework. We cater the program to each individual and place them in a specific Risk Stripe most well-suited to their abilities and interests.
Click here to watch a short clip about our division!
OUR PROGRAM OFFERS:
OUR RISK STRIPES:
- A 10-week Summer Analyst Program beginning in June
- A comprehensive hands-on introduction to Financial Services and Risk Management
- In-depth exposure to a specific Risk Stripe such as Model Risk and Risk Analytics
- Opportunities to take on meaningful and challenging projects to assess risks and communicate findings
- Formal training covering product and industry knowledge, soft skills, and teambuilding activities as well as informal training like on-the-job learning and weekly educational forums with Senior Management in the division
- Each Summer Analyst will be matched up with a peer buddy and a senior leader mentor
- Diverse culture and commitment to providing and supporting an inclusive workplace for all employees
- Model Risk Management (MRM): MRM is responsible for the Firm's model risk management framework and independently oversees model risk. MRM establishes standards for the identification, development, validation, and use of models.
- Risk Analytics Department (RA): RA develops models to measure and manage credit, market, and operational risk, providing quantitative analysis of the Firm's risk exposures by developing mathematical and statistical models.
APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINE
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Graduating between December 2024 and May 2025; open to all majors
- Strong interest in risk management, financial products, markets, and regulation
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to adapt in a positive manner in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook); advanced skills a plus
- Familiarity with coding languages
Students must apply online at www.morganstanley.com/careers by August 11th to be considered.
For Bachelors only Expected base pay rate for the role will be $37.26 per hour at the commencement of employment. However, base pay is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include a discretionary bonus.
For Masters only Expected base pay rate for the role will be $40.86 per hour at the commencement of employment. However, base pay is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include a discretionary bonus.