| Business Overview |
Citi's Asia CGW Business serves two of the fastest growing cities, Singapore and Hongkong through our Retail, IPB and Private Bank Business. Asia CGW business offers a diversified range of products ranging from insurance products to complex wealth management products, including FX Products to more than 115M customers, with US$260Bn in client volumes, US$2.4B of total revenue, Asset Under Management of US$42B along with a deposit book of US$90 Billion. These customers are serviced by 1000 odd Relationship and Private Bankers. With more than a century of enviable brand, Best-in-Class digital client acquisition, diverse Wealth Management product capability and market leadership, we are competitively well-positioned to grow a high-quality customer base that benefits most from our product and network capabilities.
Citi Global Wealth Management (CGW) is an integration of Citi Private Bank and the Consumer Wealth organization into a single platform enabling Citi to serve its clients across the wealth spectrum and capitalize on Citi's industry leading capabilities to support the goal of CGW, which is to be the leading wealth management provider globally. As we embark on this journey, it is imperative to have a strong Risk & Control framework, supporting this goal through an independent but integral Internal Control organization.
This role is part of the Asia CGW Risk and Control team and is responsible for managing and overseeing the day-to-day running of the Risk and Control function including strategic business planning, ensuring the Risk and Control function and Asia CGW business complies with internal policies and procedures, overseeing financial forecasting, headcount planning and management of administrative affairs to achieve the strategic objectives of the Asia CGW Risk and Control function.
This role will report to the Regional CGW Risk and Controls Head.
Strategic Planning and Team Management / Administration
- Support the Risk and Control Head in the continuous structural review of the Risk and Control organization, including strategy and analysis for regional and country structures, and driving the implementation of a regionally consistent structure across all countries to align the roles and responsibilities and reporting lines to ensure appropriate focus and accountability ; and working with the Global CGW CAO team to define a globally consistent Risk and Control Operating Model
- Support the Risk and Control Head in driving the Performance Management & Review process; including setting of goals for the Regional Risk and Control function based on the objectives and focus areas for Risk and Control, ensuring alignment with Global CGW CAO and Regional businesses plan and objectives, and cascading the regional goals to drive consistency across the Asia countries, regularly track key control metrics and qualitative factors to measure ongoing control performance of regional and country management and Risk and Control teams
- Identify areas of focus to drive Risk and Control optimization through insightful analysis (identification, sizing, execution & tracking)
- Support the Regional Risk and Control Head in HR management and administration services, including development of job descriptions for key regional and country Risk and Control positions; reviewing the C level calibration for country and regional Risk and Control roles, working with the Country Business Managers and regional Risk and Control team to fill key open Risk and Control positions with suitably qualified candidates within a reasonable timeframe, and tracking of VOE participation, reviewing VOE results and developing action plans, etc
- Identify potential strategic control initiatives and transformational opportunities, analyse financial and strategic impact, prioritize and develop detailed implementation plans
- Manage the annual budget and forecast process for Regional Risk and Control function, work with the country teams to implement a standardized GOC/ Managed Segment reporting structure, analyze and track Asia CGW Risk and Control headcount levels, and work with the respective Country Finance teams on various finance matters
Administration of Mandatory Absence Policy and other Compliance-related Escalations
- Represent Asia CGW as the Mandatory Absence Coordinator, perform annual and quarterly review and update of the Mandatory Absence tagging in inControl tool, participate in the Global Mandatory Absence Forums to keep abreast of the developments of the Global Mandatory Absence Policy, review Mandatory Absence breaches and exceptions; drive adherence to the policy requirements, and provide advisory support to countries on Mandatory Absence matters
- Administer the monthly review and follow up of Mandatory Training delinquencies and non-adherence to the Employee Trading Policy on a timely basis
- University graduate with at least 12 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Proven project management experience, with good planning and organizational skills and strong ability to take ownership and drive projects independently
- Proactive and resourceful problem solver who takes the lead to work with internal stakeholders in a collaborative manner to help deliver solutions that benefit the business
- Strong stakeholder management skills (e.g. written and verbal communication, influencing and negotiation) with ability to effectively interact with senior internal stakeholders and cross functional teams
- Demonstrate through delivery of projects the ability to motivate and influence business partners to deliver on milestones/commitments
- Knowledge of data analysis and tools will be an asset.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills with attention to details
- Ability to work independently, interface and execute with a sense of urgency and deliver tasks effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, situational awareness and emotional intelligence
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under multiple time zones and tight schedule
Job Family Group:
Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting