Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements and in conjunction with Regions' Retention Schedule for a minimum of three years. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Credit Products Real Estate Product Specialist is a client-facing role, partnering directly with coverage on the extension of credit products transactions to meet clients' needs. This individual serves as part of the first line of defense, with the coverage team, in identifying and mitigating risk in existing and proposed credit products transactions.
- Maintains market knowledge of loan pricing, structural trends and understands how the align or differ from Regions risk profile.
- Jointly calls with coverage bankers to understand clients' needs and, business strategy around the real estate portfolio, assets with financing opportunities as well as cross-sell of treasury or capital markets products.
- Collaborates with Coverage banker to develop strategy to develop and deliver credit solutions that can best meet client needs along with potential cross-sale opportunities.
- Leads the credit process on credit opportunities including structuring, underwriting, loan documentation/negotiation and closing.
- Serves as primary contact with Credit Risk and presents loan request for approval and or modifications.
- Coordinates and is "quarter back" with deal team during closing process, partnering with a coverage banker, Fulfillment, CLA (if construction loan), internal or external legal, client and others as necessary.
- If designated by the Team Lead, oversees all Credit Servicing activities of the regional portfolio to ensure servicing requirements are satisfied on a quarterly basis. Such oversight includes proactive identification and elevation of emerging risks and early warning indicators [at both the transaction or portfolio level] to the Team Lead, Market Manager, and Credit Risk partner.
- Supports the Coverage Banker around client selectivity that meets Regions Risk Profile.
- Available to work with Associate I and II to address any issues that become apparent during loan servicing and monitoring activities and takes lead if significant modification or restructure is required.
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
This position is incentive eligible.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration, Real Estate, Accounting, or Finance
- Seven (7) years of real estate underwriting, financial analysis, and portfolio management experience
- Completion of a corporate credit training program (or equivalent corporate banking/finance or real estate experience)
- Strong understanding of loan structuring needs, loan documentation requirements and market knowledge
- Previous financial analysis experience
- Relationship management experience either as a coverage banker or as a client facing member of relationship team
- Legal documentation experience
- Ability to structure real estate loans with strong market knowledge
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrates very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented, able to manage and lead multiple projects under pressure
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Recognized for quality of analysis and competency of completion in and oversight of portfolio management activities
- Self-initiates and leads credit discussions
- Ability to identify issues and recommend well thought out solutions to deal team, approvers, and clients
- Works collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to independently complete or review for accuracy and completion credit underwriting packages, supporting tools, Risk Rating Grades, Credit Agreements and other loan documentation
*** This position may be filled at a higher level depending on qualifications and experience
Position TypeFull time
Regions offers a benefits package that is flexible, comprehensive and recognizes that "one size does not fit all" for associates. Listed below is a synopsis of the benefits offered by Regions for informational purposes, which is not intended to be a complete summary of plan terms and conditions.
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- 401K with Company Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Associate Volunteer Program
Please note, benefits and plans may be changed, amended, or terminated with respect to all or any class of associate at any time. To learn more about Regions' benefits, please click or copy the link below to your browser.
Location DetailsRegions Houston Headquarters
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We have a passion for creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, and many other primary and secondary dimensions that make each of us unique as individuals and provide valuable perspective that makes us a better company and employer. More importantly, we recognize that creating a workplace where everyone, regardless of background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
OFCCP Disclosure: Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans