Job Title: Internal Auditor
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in internal/external auditing, preferably in the banking, asset management, life insurance or finance industry.
My client is a large, successful and dynamic private banking and wealth management firm that is seeking a new Internal Auditor to join their team in Luxembourg. The Internal Auditor will be responsible for conducting and overseeing internal audits, identifying control weaknesses, and making recommendations for improvements. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of banking regulations and internal control frameworks, as well as experience with auditing financial statements.
- Plan and execute internal audits of various business areas, including but not limited to, operational, financial, and compliance audits.
- Develop and maintain audit programs and perform risk assessments to identify key areas of risk and controls.
- Document audit findings, prepare audit reports, and make recommendations for improvements to management, especially for the executive management and the audit & risk committee.
- Monitor the implementation of audit recommendations and provide follow-up reports to ensure that corrective actions have been taken.
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory and industry changes that could impact the audit process.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify areas for improvement in internal controls and processes.
- Commit to audit assignments aligned with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders part of the organization, including business areas and other control functions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in internal/external auditing, preferably in the banking, wealth/asset management, life insurance or other relevant financial services.
- CIA, CPA, ACCA, CISA or other relevant professional certification would be a massive plus.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, internal control frameworks, and auditing financial statements.
- Strong analytical, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently/automonously and as part of a team when needed.
- Adept skills in IT and Data analytics.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Fluency in English is a must; other european languages would be a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional growth and development. If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
If you are interested please contact: