| Job description |
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you???re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you???ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world???s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC???s wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers??? needs.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as a Decision System Manager.
- Execute risk related project tasks leading to the successful implementation of risk systems in the region
- Work collaboratively with the Business partners to develop, deploy and monitor the Risk Systems. The strategies are deployed through TRIAD, PowerCurve, SAS ID, CTA, Instinct, FeatureSpace and AAPS/AO application systems
- Suggest pro-active solutions to the issues/incidents reported on the Risk Systems
- Interact successfully with a wide variety of people with varying backgrounds and responsibilities, including other credit risk infrastructure analysts, project managers, operations personnel, marketing analysts, and systems counterparts
- Drive projects geared to improve process and technology to advance capabilities in the decisioning aspect
- Translate Risk Policy requirement into technical rules and formulas. Work closely with IT to enhance/review the application data and processing flow, ensure accurate decision can be made based on all the information available to the decision engine
- Responsible for preparing formal documentation for distribution and presentation throughout the organization
- Contribute to establishing and managing an efficient and robust process in using the risk systems and execution of risk responsibilities
- Maintain up to date documentation of the activities and usage within the Risk Infrastructure
- Providing consultancies and support on the usage of risk systems and risk operation across Asia Pacific countries
- Diagnose and resolve moderate to complex issues and improve the efficiency of processes
- Manage delivery within agreed timelines. Perform maker and checker check on decision engine rules amendment/setup to maintain high quality standards
- Build network with all project stakeholders to ensure understanding of risk activities and concerns in the project
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate internal and external process owners and subject matter experts
- Maintain effective partnership with other teams to support various system projects
You???ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- This role is mainly to implement projects and system changes to Risk Frontend and Backend Systems as a business analyst
- Candidate is required to understand the risk initiatives within the highly complex risk systems
- 6+ years of experience in managing Decision Systems or any other banking systems and/or related teams
- Experience of banking system and process design, development, testing and implementation
- Strong analytical and banking project management skills
- Ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the all levels in the organization
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business
- Ability to contributing to joining up with all the teams in Risk and CCS regionally
- Understand and interpret complex business requirements and policy rules in retail risk management
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands
- Comfortable working with the onshore and offshore team
- Good knowledge of MS Office esp. Excel & PPT
- Experience of working on coding languages would be an added advantage
- Experience of working on decision systems is a must
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.