| Job description |
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you???re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you???ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Customer Value Management is vital in maintaining HSBC???s position as a provider of world-class wealth and personal banking solutions, directing business development with a focus on customers. The team works to ensure the most appropriate pricing, products and promotions are directed to the most relevant customers, concentrating on building value, treating customers fairly and creating a superb customer experience.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior, Manager, Data Analytics.
As an integral member of a specific Tribe and Discipline, Senior Manager Data & Analytics is a key position driving the commercial use of the outcomes of business analytics and translation, and data analytics services management.
The role holder will focus on using Data & Analytics to drive business activities and outcomes that improve or transform:
The above would in turn improve business profitability and grow market share following WPB strategies.
- Customer experience
- Staff productivity
- Business decision process
- Operational effectiveness
The role holder will have these activities:
The role holder will be successful provided he/she:
- Lead one or more key activities described under ???Impact on the Business???
- Build and lead engagement with stakeholders
- Lead and mobilize activities against specific missions amongst the tribe(s)
- Champion team work across onshore and offshore units; mentor junior members
- Enable risk-informed decisions
- Effectively translates business problems and dynamics into forms where data, analytics or data products are combined as solutions
- Demonstrates high ability to diagnose and manage ambiguity in business problems, to clearly articulate the business problems into relevant hypotheses and identifies the most effective data, analytics or data product solutions
- Weaves solutions back into holistic output that is succinct and intuitive to the business consumers
- Exhibits high ability to understand current and emerging technologies, and to articulate the benefits of such in driving business outcome
- Collaborates with cross functional teams and partners to enhance the analytics products / solutions based on holistic feedback from stakeholders and customers
- Possesses drive and intrinsic motivation to unveil high value business opportunities through partnership and close business engagement
- Engages business stakeholder effectively, builds rapport and trust based on strong appreciation of issues and needs. Communicates effectively across business and analytics functions
We seek highly motivated leaders who have the following experience and qualifications to join our dynamic organization
You???ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Possess 8 to 12 years??? experience in one or multiple skills in data / business analytics in the financial or digital domains. Or similar experience in analytics consulting or managing digital products
- Strong business acumen with high ability to diagnose and articulate ambiguity in business problems and translate into data and analytics requirement, and recommend stakeholders relevant insight and data products / analytics solutions for adoption and commercialization
- Strong problem solving and analytics product management skills
- Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills. Proven experience in forming ???advisory??? relationships with senior managers
- Highly self-motivated, self-starter. Strive for change and able to lead and mentor junior members
- Strong team player; able to work members of different skills and experiences. Comfortable to operate in a complex matrix structure with multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience in one or more of: customer segmentation, digital marketing, data science, portfolio analytics, use of open-source data in analyses
- AGILE methods: Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Pair programming
- Having these attributes would be advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in process and analysis of large amount of data using one of these: Python, R, SQL or SAS; on environments such as AWS, Google cloud or Hadoop
- Proficient with Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning algorithms and kits; hands-on use of Tensorflow, DataRobot or Sagemaker (or similar tools)
- AGILE tools: Jira, Confluence, SLACK
- Having Bachelor degree in one of these preferred disciplines: economics, computer science, data science, analytics, statistics, econometrics, management information system, communications, operations research
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.