| Team: The Contract Negotiator will be a member of the S&P Global Ratings legal department. The S&P Global Ratings legal department is comprised of legal and non-legal professionals and supports the Ratings division's Commercial, Analytical, Compliance, Operations, and Technology teams, and business management/leadership. |
The Impact: In this role, you will support the S&P Global Ratings Commercial, Technology and Operations teams and Ratings' business management by negotiating and advising with respect to vendor agreements, such as licensing, technology and consulting/professional services agreements. You will also participate in negotiating customer contracts for the sale of S&P Global Ratings' credit ratings and other products. You will assist with special projects including drafting and advising with respect to contracts related to strategic partnerships and joint commercialization arrangements.
What we are looking for: An inquisitive, confident, and self-motivated individual who is comfortable working alone, but also enjoys being part of a dynamic, high-performing global team. Someone who pays close attention to detail and is adept at prioritizing and managing competing interests and has strong communication skills.
What's in it for you:
The Contract Negotiator will work in a dynamic, client-facing environment and will have the opportunity to apply and develop negotiation and drafting skills, project management skills and operational knowledge, as part of a global team that provides crucial support to the organization.
What We're Looking For:
- Negotiate and draft various contracts such as software and other product licenses, consulting/services agreements, data agreements, confidentiality agreements, and customer engagement agreements.
- Assisting senior attorneys in advising with respect to marketing and privacy matters.
- Draft legal correspondence and other documentation related to vendor and customer agreements.
- Liaise with internal and external clients in the contract negotiation process; ensure that sales and business personnel comply with internal policies and procedures.
- Work with management to create efficiencies in the contracting process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. You should be people oriented, collegial, and confident with frequent client-facing interactions (via e-mail, phone, and in-person).
- College degree and at least 3 years of related experience.
- Has a can-do attitude, able to work under pressure, tight deadlines and to manage the expectations of clients and salespeople.
- Strong verbal/written communication and business writing abilities.
- Ease with working independently but escalating issues as needed
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work effectively in line with changing priorities
Grade Level: 10 ( relevant for internal applicants only )
- 3+ years contract negotiation, paralegal or closely related experience.
- Working knowledge of intellectual property or privacy matters
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $95,000USD to $125,000USD. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location and experience.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), LGLLGL202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 281535
Posted On: 2023-03-13
Location: New York, New York, United States