| Procurement & Real-Estate Manager |
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead.
On the Engineering Solutions team we think differently, combining the knowledge and resources of an established company with the unapologetic boldness of a startup. Our mission: build an evolvable knowledge and data platform that enables STEM professionals to unlock and deliver innovation to the world's most complex problems.
About the Role:
The Procurement & Real-Estate Manager will be responsible for leading the procurement & sourcing function for a company with ~1000 colleagues based in Europe, Asia and the United States. In addition, this role is also responsible for the management of real estate lease transactions, facilities, and related project management in 6-7 locations in India, Malaysia, Japan, the United States and the United Kingdom. This role will have frequent contact with senior management within the company and suppliers providing goods and services to the company at a global level. The person in this role will develop policies, sourcing strategies, objectives, and procedures for the operation of procurement activities as well as for maintaining the real-estate portfolio. This role will take the lead when negotiating all major vendor and real-estate contracts in collaboration with senior level management of the company.
- Lead a small, yet strategic procurement/real-estate organization and a third-party vendor base to support company operations and needs
- Develop and implement business practices, policies, procedures, and infrastructure for strategic sourcing and procurement
- Build effective relationships with internal business partners and external vendors
- Develop and implement standard processes for RFPs, RFIs and contracting
- Responsible for the management of real estate lease transactions, facilities and related projects
- Negotiate cost effective contracts with vendors while adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization
- Develop sourcing strategies that focus on driving business objectives and achieving targeted savings
- Establish appropriate processes and metrics to measure procurement efficiency and manage the assets of the organization
- Build, modify, renew and terminate contracts as required and in collaboration with the Legal Department
- Maintenance and inventory of all contracts to identify redundancy and overlapping spend
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field preferred
- 7+ Years of experience in procurement, purchasing and supplier/supply chain management with solid understanding of industry best practices
- Experience negotiating with IT and/or Software Vendors
- Proven ability to lead and implement procurement strategy across the organization
- Experience managing real estate lease transactions, facilities, and projects
- Familiarity with OSHA, ADA, and other fire and life safety codes.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated success leading a procurement team
- Prior experience working with and influencing senior leadership of an organization
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Experience selecting and/or implementing new Procurement/Sourcing applications is a definite plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and analytic skills
- What We Offer
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php .
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $90,000 - $110,000. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
103 - Middle Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 283349
Posted On: 2023-03-13
Location: Englewood, Colorado, United States