| The Associate Branch Manager (ABM) will help drive profitable growth in a small geography or within a large office by leading, coaching and developing advisors. Responsible for creating a compelling business plan emphasizing growth, client acquisition, financial planning, and retention. The ABM will seek to drive revenue and asset growth, optimizing resources for the advisors in consideration of local demographics, advisor abilities and prudent use of resources. |
- Maintain or build personal wealth management practice serving clients through the Ameriprise Client Experience (ACE). Lead from the front and be a role model for others in how you serve your clients and run your practice.
- Drive profitable organic growth of the branch office key metrics through active leadership, coaching, and delivery of the Ameriprise Client Experience. Inspect results regularly and provide systematic coaching to advisors in the branch on ongoing business planning, client acquisition, advice, investment solutions, external practice acquisition, and more.
- Support branch manager to recruit and on-board high quality experienced advisors to the branch. Activities may include actively generating leads into local area pipeline and managing the end-to-end candidate experience. Articulate the Ameriprise and local value proposition to candidates. Execute onboarding and ramp-up plans that drive growth.
- Contribute to strong local office culture, including a culture of peer learning and comradery; achievement orientation; growth and continuous development. Ensure Ameriprise core values are upheld - client focus, integrity always, excellence in all we do, and respect for the communities in which we live and work.
- Lead with integrity. May perform supervision activities, if delegated, to ensure sales activities are appropriately based on client objectives, goals, and risk tolerance. Anticipates, manages, and resolves risk items to ensure the interests of the client.
- Weekly to bi-weekly 1:1s with advisors in branch. Biweekly results review with Branch Manager or Complex Director (key metrics, high potential advisors, etc.)
- Obtain and maintain appropriate registrations to provide oversight on broker/dealer operations and develop advisor training.
- Active FINRA Series 7 or ability to obtain within 150 days.
- Active FINRA Series 24 or 9/10 or ability to obtain in 90 days
- Active State Securities Agent Registration (S63 or S66) or ability to obtain within 150 days
- Active State IAR registration (S65 or S66) or ability to obtain within 150 days
- Active Life and Accident/Health insurance license or ability to obtain within 150 days
- 3+ years of people management and 4+ years of professional experience. Excellent compliance record and knowledge of compliance requirements.
- 3-5 years demonstrated sales success with proven ability to acquire clients and close business.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to drive & motivate others to achieve results.
- Business planning and strategic management skills, self driven and achievement oriented and ability to execute a playbook to drive results.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to analyze data and reports to determine business opportunities.
- Relevant industry designations are preferred (e.g. CFP)
About Our Company
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
California Residents Only: The estimated base salary for this role is $64,480 / year. Base salaries are determined in part based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and geographical work location. In addition, most of our roles are eligible for variable pay in the form of bonus and commission. We also have a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that support all aspects of your health and well-being.