| At RiverSource, we take pride in providing our clients with a personalized experience every step of the way; if you prosper in an environment where you can help others and if you enjoy creating a positive impact on client's lives financially, we invite you to take your career to the next level by applying to join our team today! |
As a Regional Sales Director, you will work alongside an external wholesaler (Regional Vice President) to increase RiverSource Insurance product sales through the Ameriprise Financial Advisors channel. To be most successful in this role, you will be personable, detail-oriented and motivated by achieving and exceeding sales goals. Day to day you can expect to make proactive outbound sales calls, take inbound sales calls, participate in virtual meetings and occasional large and small group sales presentations all of which will result in increased sales in their respective territory. Other RSDs like this role because it allows them to work in a collaborative, team-based environment where they engage with clients and colleagues, and have meaningful career path.
Remote work is considered for qualified candidates. If you are located close to Minneapolis Headquarters hybrid flexibility is offered (three days in office).
We pride ourselves in helping our employees build the knowledge and skills to have a successful career in wholesaling, while also create a pathway to other areas of the company, including external wholesaler, field Advisor offices, Marketing, Compliance and more.
- Drive sales by developing, maintaining, and deepening relationships with new and existing financial advisors through proactive outbound calls.
- Influence financial advisors choices using a consultative sales process. Partner with Regional Vice President (RVP) to develop a business plan, manage a territory, and drive to regional goals and objectives. Answer and convert inbound calls from the territory into additional opportunities to drive sales. Build and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Use a suite of tools; Encompass, BrentMark, etc., to create illustrations that support recommendations that come out of consultative sales conversations with financial advisors.
- Complete required coursework in order to maintain compliance with state and federal regulations and licenses.
- Prioritize and manage daily, weekly, and monthly workload. Effectively record sales activity and opportunities in order to maximize territory results.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Relevant Experience Required - 3 to 5 Years
- Series 6
- Series 63/66
- Resident State Insurance Licenses (Variable Health & Life)
- If licenses are lapsed candidate must be able to obtain within 90 days.
- Extensive knowledge of insurance products.
- Experience in the financial industry preferably in sales and/or wholesaling.
- Ability to work in a team and sales/results-oriented environment.
- Effective presentation skills.
About Our Company
RiverSource Annuities and Insurance is a part of the Ameriprise family of brands that provides our clients access to solutions that create a road map for their future. At RiverSource we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to help others achieve their goals by providing compelling product solutions. This includes insurance to prepare for and be protected during the unexpected, as well as annuities that will provide support through every stage of retirement planning such as asset accumulation, generating income, and leaving a legacy to loved ones or charity. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with RiverSource.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.