| About Lending Transactor Role |
The Lending Transactor is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Excellent understanding and experience of Insurance Financing originations (Private Banking and/or Consumer banking), process flows, country and regional regulations, market practices and product features. Good understanding of Insurance industry regime and various product types.
- The Lending Transactor is an experienced lending product specialist and Credit Officer within the Investment Finance business, with direct client coverage responsibility. The Lending Transactor is required to have strong structuring skills, origination/marketing capabilities and sound credit judgment, excellent portfolio management skills and has the responsibility to work with Private Bankers for completing the due diligence, underwriting, obtaining approval and reviewing/closing documentation for new Facilities to clients.
- Understand and anticipate clients' needs, following up with effective products and financial solutions including client calling and account planning in partnership with Private Bankers
- Maximize revenue generation whilst achieving at least minimum return targets ensuring responsible lending growth.
- Responsible for appropriate transaction structuring and execution (within product programs) with appropriate risk and return characteristics, ensuring appropriate Credit Policy and Risk Acceptance standard compliance.
- Define, coordinate and oversee the analytical activities of the deal teams.
- Define and negotiate the transaction and credit framework (including covenant definition).
- Oversee preparation of credit and capital allocation Memos (as applicable).
- Oversee the Credit Approval write up, for both new deals and annual reviews.
- Negotiation, obtaining and closing of credit documentation, ensuring compliance with all Citi and external policies and coordinating with external counsel and Risk Management, as required.
- Work closely with the product manager to identify opportunities arising from credit transactions to standardize documentation, streamline processes working with stakeholders in underwriting, loan process & transaction management, Product & Risk team to ensure superior client experience.
- Responsible for the early problem recognition process and must propose, when deemed appropriate, credit classification and appropriate risk rating on specific transactions relationships.
- This is a demanding role for which a strong mix of credit and process skills is crucial. It requires an ability to influence stakeholders, including clients, seniors of the bank, Risk, auditors or other areas of the Bank, to deliver against budget and to ensure processes meet the Bank's highest standards.
- Participation in remedial management actions together with SARG as required.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Strong and proven analytical, financial structuring and execution skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Private Banking and/or Consumer banking Insurance financing product program and portfolio management.
- 10+ years' experience as a Credit Officer along with atleast 5 years in Insurance financing.
- Strong knowledge of Citibank's Credit Policies, Product Programs and Citi Policies will be a key differentiator.
- Good knowledge of financial markets, insurance and loan products, Financial and cash flow modelling.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Strong initiative and interactive approach to problem solving.
- Displays flexibility and independence in a demanding environment.
- Excellent Leadership skills.
- Strong marketing skills.
Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred.
About Citi Global Wealth:
Global wealth continues to grow world-wide at an unprecedented pace. Citi's global footprint and ability to service clients holistically position us to become an industry leader in wealth. The recent formation of Citi Global Wealth (CGW) as Division of Citi, with over 8,000 employees, has drawn together insights, experience, and assets from across the Global Consumer Bank, the Private Bank, and the broader Institutional Clients Group. Citi Global Wealth is a Division of Citi focused on serving the needs of clients across the entire wealth spectrum. It generates over $6.6 Billion of Revenue across its global footprint in Asia, EMEA, Mexico, and North America. CGW propositions are delivered via tailored offerings across Citigold, Citigold Private Client, and Citi Private Bank brands.
By building on the combined strengths of Citi business divisions, CGW will transform the way we serve clients across the wealth spectrum to deliver the full range of high tech and high touch capabilities Citi can offer and ultimately help them achieve their goals.
Citi Global Wealth will be relentlessly focused on our Clients from Emerging Wealth to Ultra-high Net Worth - whether it's access to investment opportunities and advice, tools and analytics, a focus on environmental, social and governance concerns or more engaging digital experiences.
In Asia, Citi Global Wealth combines the Citi Private Bank and the Consumer Wealth organization, including the International Personal Bank, into a single platform to serve our clients. CGW Asia is a top three wealth manager in the region with over US$300B in clients AUMs and is looking to add in excess of US$150B AUMs by 2025 and further extend our leadership position in Asia.
Job Family Group:
Private Client Product Services
IF Lending Generalist
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting