| Management of assigned assets and be directly responsible for the daily operations and client deliverables for select assets, specifically focused on multi-family. Play a role in development and executing on property specific strategies, evaluating operational performance against relevant industry benchmarks, analyzing capital investment decisions and how they impact value, and facilitate preparation of required reporting deliverables. |
- Manage a multi-family portfolio of real estate assets located in select markets throughout the U.S. Support Head of Asset Management to implement broad ranging platform initiatives. Develop property-level operational strategies and analyze performance, capital projects, and other relevant investor factors impacting asset value.
- Lead development of annual business plans and quarterly asset reports by assisting in the preparation/review of property operating and capital budgets. Review performance of local property managers and make recommendation to augment or replace under performing managers.
- Manage communications with third-party property management and leasing personnel as well as appraisers, brokers, insurance and real estate tax consultants, and other third party providers as needed.
- Lead in deposition process, hold/sale recommendations to Investment Committee, selection of Investment Sales brokers, coordination with property management / operating partners, and closing. Collect, analyze, and synthesize relevant market reports, lease data, and transaction details for related assets.
- Lead acquisition process by participating in asset management due diligence including leasing reviews, proforma analysis, market and competitive position review, engineering and environmental capital, service contract review, and ESG status/needs. Guide with the selection of property management/leasing teams & assist with the property transition process by working with internal departments.
- Perform detailed quarterly financial statement analysis, review of rent rolls, current and future cash flow and forecasting both present value and cash flows. Ownership of investment models, updating returns and variance to budget analysis, distributions, fees, & promotes. Prepare financial analysis to track historical property level results in comparison to industry benchmarks.
- Help facilitate lender compliance with asset specific requirements such as obtaining approvals for lease agreements or significant capital expenditures and coordinating escrow draws. Assist on the origination of new debt and refinancing activity. Coordinate third-party appraisals and be responsible for quarterly internal property valuations.
- Capable of conducting presentations and analysis for Investment Committee, Lionstone Senior Management and/or CTI Senior Management.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Multifamily experience
- 10+ years of experience in analytics and modeling
- Bachelors Degree
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Experience using Argus Software
- 10+ years of direct real estate experience preferred and understanding of private equity, investment risk and capital markets preferred
- Masters degree or equivalent
- Degree Focus: Business Administration and/or Finance
- CoStar, pricing software (i.e. Yield Star)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards
- Commitment to excellence
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- A team orientation and collegiate mentality
About Our Company
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.