| Overview |
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
As a leading wealth manager, BNY Mellon Wealth Management is focused on helping successful individuals and their families build, manage and sustain their wealth across generations and market cycles. Through a unique service model focused on five Active Wealth practices - Investing, Borrowing, Spending, Managing Taxes, Protecting Legacies - they help clients in the U.S. and abroad achieve stronger after-tax performance to help maintain their wealth over generations.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Project Manager, Client Onboarding to join our Wealth Management team. This role is located in Pittsburgh, PA and is eligible for flexible work arrangement.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Under minimal direction, onboards clients into the system, opens and closes accounts and handles transitions and conversions to the system.
- Serves as an advisor to clients as they onboard/transition/convert to/from organization products and solutions.
- Obtains and reviews the appropriate documentation and reference data, and ensures regulatory aspects of AML and KYC are completed prior to opening accounts.
- Ensures all SLAs are met. Prepares clients for entering new accounts by explaining and articulating the level of documentation required, regulations, complexities in the market and market expectations.
- Works directly with clients to open new accounts once due diligence on KYC and AML has been completed and works with client and internal parties around asset events.
- Closes off accounts by first checking for any pending activity or balances remaining in the account.
- Works directly with clients to access documentation requirements and reference data.
- May be responsible for onsite client support and training to assist with documentation, quality review and submission of documents.
- Ensure application form is received and tax documentation is received from the investor.
- Review documents and coordinate with all internal support groups, business managers, and external parties to ensure documents meet certain compliance requirements.
- Leads project management activities for onboarding/transitions/conversions such as reporting, planning, issue / risk tracking, scheduling, effort estimation, day-to-day tracking, and other project documentation preparation.
- Ensures client receives all necessary training or conducts the training him/herself.
- Identifies significant gaps or quality issues in transition processes and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains a book of clients and ensure that client activity on an account is maintained once an account is opened.
- Supports complex conversion activities related to a mix of complex institutional client relationships requiring the in-depth understanding of custody and accounting processing activities.
- Completes an accurate conversion of data on financial statements for daily, weekly, or monthly valuation clients.
- Supports and reviews control reports to effectively mitigate risks and resolve problems that arise during the conversion process.
- Marshals firm-wide resources (product, technology, marketing, compliance, teams, etc.) to ensure client needs are being addressed.
- Ensures onboarding/transition/conversion activities meet all compliance, legal and regulatory requirements. May facilitate legal negotiation or document review.
- Participate in UAT, on boarding and fault resolution.
- Responsible for overall success of moderately-sized or complex transitions, ensuring client satisfaction through the monitoring of project quality and efficiency and management of the direct client experience.
- No direct reports.
- Acts as a Team Lead and provides guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Allocates work to and monitors the work quality of others assigned to the client.
- Suggests process improvements based on post-mortem transition analysis.
- May have people management responsibilities in some geographies.
- Responsible for complex, mature and/or global clients or more complex platforms.
- Contributes to the achievement of team and area objectives.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in securities, financial services or client-facing or project management roles preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.