| Overview |
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Specialist, Data Management & Quantitative Analysis to join our Billing team. This role is located in Pittsburg, PA - HYBRID.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Independently works with internal and external datasets and client reference data and participates in the development of statistical, financial and/or econometric models for analyzing asset performance, securities data, derivative pricing, risk exposure or other sophisticated concepts.
- Provides analytical project management support for assigned area.
- With minimal guidance, supports assigned area with advanced, complex statistical and quantitative analyses.
- Contributes to the development of the techniques and methodologies to be used for each type of activity/analysis.
- Leads data modelling and quantitative analysis projects and serves as resource to less experienced colleagues. Uses technology tools to conduct analyses.
- Applies techniques such as SQL and querying and macro development to extract data for populating models. As an advanced user, may do some light programming or system configuration in order set up sophisticated models or algorithms.
- Understands the relevant processes and products in assigned area and which analyses, methodologies and approaches best support assessment of performance, risk, or valuation.
- Begins to lead complex projects in support of new or evolving processes/products. Interprets findings, prepares standard and ad-hoc reports, and delivers results to management and/or other leaders. Provides recommendations for addressing observed outcomes.
- Translates complex technical concepts and analyses to non-technical audiences. Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues.
- No direct reports. Provides guidance to more junior analysts.
- Primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of own work and the work of assigned project team members.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred.
- 5-7 years' experience preferred.
- Experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred.
- Experience querying/analyzing data residing in range of data storage technologies including Alteryx, Hadoop & Vertica.
- BI experience using tools such as Thought Spot, Tableau & Power BI
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.