| Step into an instrumental role as an Administrative Assistant to help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced, friendly, well established and growing financial planning practice in Braintree, MA. We are an independent franchisee of Ameriprise Financial conveniently located near I93 with plenty of free parking. Work as part of a team for the continued success of the practice. |
This position completes tasks previously performed by the advisor, allowing the advisor to focus more time and energy on client acquisition and deepening client relationships. The administrative assistant supports the many different tasks for which the practice is responsible and ties directly to the overall business plan of the practice. The administrative assistant allows the advisor the assurance he needs to know that his practice is being maintained and supported with Ameriprise Financial guidelines.
This role provides administrative support for the day-to-day running of the office, including, but not limited to, scheduling meetings, preparing for meetings and follow up tasks afterwards, preparing client communications and tracking new business correspondence, responding to ad hoc requests, coordinating/tracking projects and/or managing business-as-usual tasks such as electronic filing, scanning checks in a timely manner, answering phone calls, greeting clients and problem solving.
Responsibilities and Time Allocation - Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor(s).
- Prepare correspondence for advisor signature
- Copy, upload, track all client and practice materials including business correspondence
- Copy and follow-up with home office on related issues
- Schedule client appointments and prepare agenda/reports for each meeting
- Conduct client appointment reminder calls/emails and check-in calls on follow up items
- Assist the planning assistant(s), paraplanner(s), associate financial advisor and advisor
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisor(s)
Key Traits of a Successful Administrative Assistant:
- Greet clients upon arrival and extend hospitality to clients
- Answer phones in a timely manner
- Set up and maintain the client management system
- Document client contacts/calls and related client service
- Must have strong organizational and computer skills, be proficient with Microsoft Office and can learn new software quickly. Experience with CRM is highly desirable.
- Must be detail oriented, can multi-task with excellent time management skills and keep track of progress for assigned tasks. Be proactive and prioritize.
- Effective communication and customer service skills with clients and other team members both in person and on the phone.
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by the advisor and Ameriprise.
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor's practice.
- Positive attitude, a good sense of humor and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow. Be a responsible and dependable team member.
High school degree or higher with job experience showing the above traits and skills.
About Our Company
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.