Systematic Quant Researcher
My client is a leading quant investment firm with offices globally. They deploy systematic trading strategies across asset class; including equities, futures, and foreign exchange. Researchers are responsible for conducting quantitative research using statistical and predictive modelling techniques.
This is the opportunity to join a small team and work alongside highly profitable Portfolio Managers and with some of the brightest minds in the industry. Team members combine strong technical skills and a passion for problem solving with an intense curiosity about financial markets and human behaviour. Researchers work on the full lifecycles of strategy development, including analysis, testing, prototyping, back-testing, and performance monitoring.
- Research and implement various trading strategies
- Identify new trading opportunities by using statistical methods and analysing large data sets
- Ensure that all data and related processes are prepared and check over strategies that have been implemented as well as tracking their behaviour
- Work closely with other researchers to develop and continuously improve upon mathematical models, and help translate algorithms into code
- Experience of researching, or implementing quantitative models for equities, futures, and/or FX,
- Masters or PhD in Maths, Stats, Physics, Computer Science, or other quantitative discipline
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets
- Programming in any of the following: C++, Java, C#, MATLAB, R, Python, or Perl