| This role is part of the Asia CEO's Office and associated with Citi's Data program under the CAO organization. The APAC Data Risk & Control Officer is a newly created position to support the APAC Federated Chief Data Office (FCDO) Risk & Control Head. Reporting to the APAC Data Risk & Control Head, this role will support compliance with Firm-wide policies and procedures including with the Data Governance Policy & Standards (Policy & Standards) and similarly overseeing other businesses/functions' compliance with the Policy & Standards; implementation of required controls within APAC FCDO for compliance with Citi policies and procedure; adherence and adoption of any Data Risk appetite that is defined globally/within Asia Pacific and/or operating legal entities/jurisdictions; and effective data risk identification, management, and reporting to all levels of the Firm including regional management and any regional/global governance forums as appropriate. |
Excellent communication skills are required to communicate, negotiate and influence internally across regional teams and functions, often at a senior level.
- In-business Risk & Control for APAC FCDO: Track, mitigate and report Risks including CAPs, Audit, Regulatory, MCAs, among others (except mandatory training at present).
- Partners with the team on all new or modified processes to review through the appropriate governance routines. Consequently, launches the adequate controls which can be monitored and reported.
- Responsible for supporting multiple risk and control programs for the APAC FCDO function and ensuring global risk management consistency and excellence.
- Performs independent challenge and validation of APAC FCDO capabilities - acts as Line 1.5 for APAC FCDO capabilities.
- Ensures accurate and timely delivery of key deliverables.
- Ensures internal reviews and external examinations are well managed with clearly evidenced controls.
- Facilitates and leads cross-functional meetings, as needed.
- Develops analytics and reporting to track effectiveness of processes and identify potential process improvements.
- Provides ad-hoc control/audit-related requests as needed.
- Performs the Manager Control Assessment (MCA) Quarterly Risk Assessment and the Annual Risk Assessment process.
- Provides analysis and support on MIS/ Reporting requirements.
- Actively focuses on process improvement, creating efficiencies, and ensuring a proactive approach and partnership to audit management.
- Contributes to the development of a governance process for APAC FCDO.
- Provides thought leadership in continually reviewing processes and identifying improvements.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Proactively identifies emerging risks and assists the control team with resolving control gaps and issues and helps to create corrective action plans, inclusive of root cause identification and resolution.
- Appropriately assesses risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating considerations for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets.
- Drives compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in the financial services industry with enhanced knowledge in the field of Data Governance, Enterprise Risk Management and/or Compliance.
- Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills.
- Project management and governance experience with demonstrated ability to achieve and exceed critical milestones.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to act independently, work quickly and with careful attention to detail, juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a varied, fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to foster excellent working relationships with leaders, often with senior leaders, across multiple lines of business and with support organizations including auditors and regulators.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor's D egree is required.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting