| Bloomberg runs on data and data drives the market. At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. |
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is increasingly crucial for our clients - providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis alone. Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital, and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify emerging risks and opportunities. At Bloomberg, ESG data is displayed alongside instrument level terms & conditions, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and enhancing ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including security specific attributes, industry-specific principles and alignments, and proprietary scores. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs, and build relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients integrate ESG risk and opportunity analysis into their workflows.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, analyze and extract ESG data from supporting documentation
- Analyze internal processes to find opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Build positive and accountable relationships with clients, colleagues, and partners of the Fixed Income product (including buy- and sell-side firms)
- Collaborate with colleagues to drive product development and efficiency for our clients
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our data products and/or associated processes and building prototypes to validate and illustrate requirements
- Lead ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Collaborate closely with a wide variety of internal partners from Engineering to Sales on product development
- Provide in-depth customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and BloombergNEF by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
You'll need to have:
- Ability to work in early 2023
- Legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Experience working with fixed income, sustainable debt, green bonds, and/or ESG related financial products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly for client management
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of proven decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to spot market trends and act on them to enhance depth and breadth of coverage
We'd love to see:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
- ESG-related education such as CFA ESG examination, FSA SASB examination etc.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.