| S&P Global Market Intelligence |
The Role: Senior UX Designer - Private Markets Strategic Product Initiatives
The Team: Software Solutions provides clients with industry leading software and services, covering enterprise data management, investment management, loans software and services and private markets solutions. The team is composed of a diverse set of enterprise software, SaaS, data, and service offering, including the following market leading products: iLEVEL, EDM, thinkFolio, Wall Street Office (WSO), SNL Banker, Debt Domain, Notice Manager and Prism.
The Impact: S&P Software Solutions is currently seeking a passionate, experienced, and creative UX Designer to join our team and lead the design of key strategic product development initiatives that will significantly differentiate S&P's value proposition in Private Markets. In this role, you will be responsible for designing validated, user-centered experiences that align with business goals and user needs. You will work closely with product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to create intuitive and engaging user interfaces.
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to lead a high priority product initiative with regular exposure to and collaboration with senior stakeholders.
- Pathways for career progression and development within a growing design team.
- Mentor and work with a skilled team while shaping the future of our design.
What We're Looking For:
- Identify design problems and create elegant solutions.
- Conduct user research to understand user needs, behaviors, and motivations.
- Design user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups that effectively communicate design concepts and solutions, while ensuring a consistent user experience across all touchpoints
- Collaborate across design, engineering, and product teams to understand technical and business requirements and ensure the design is feasible. Work closely with developers to ensure seamless implementation of designs.
- Stay up to date with the latest design trends, techniques, and best practices.
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
- 5+ years of experience in UX design, with a strong portfolio showcasing your design work and process. FinTech knowledge/experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field
- Experience utilizing various user research methods (e.g., interviews, surveys, usability testing), and translating insights from research to your designs.
- Strong critical and design thinking skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and identify/prioritize problems to be tackled based on project needs and timelines.
- Understanding of design systems and component-based design
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and working with developers.
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return-to-Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade/Level ( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10
The Location: New York, NY (Hybrid)
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,000 - $150,000. Final base salary for this role will be based on the individual's geographical location as well as experience and qualifications for the role.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, please click here .
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence :
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 282391
Posted On: 2023-03-07
Location: New York, New York, United States