| PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns. |
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is seeking to recruit a Business Development Associate for the U.S. Financial Institutions Group (FIG), focused on Banks and Insurance companies.
The Business Development Associate is a dynamic role based around the core responsibility of supporting PIMCO's FIG expansion efforts across the U.S. and Bermuda. The Associate provides critical support to Account Managers in identifying, qualifying, and managing business development opportunities across a range of investment strategies. This person will also work closely with the Account Management team to achieve the broader growth goals of the group.
The primary responsibilities are focused on actively supporting FIG Insurance's business development initiatives:
The business development associate will operate as an entrepreneur and be proactive about seeking improved ways to equip the team in their relationship building, coverage responsibilities and broader marketing strategies. The ideal associate is driven to build their coverage experience, understanding of corporate finance, accounting and regulatory capital considerations, and knowledge of investment strategies appropriate for this client base.
- Providing qualitative and quantitative industry analysis on banks and insurance companies
- Developing frameworks grounded in corporate finance to best position investment strategies
- Leading or supporting requests for proposals, due diligence questionnaires, and model portfolios
- Crafting detailed business plans that incorporate competitor analyses across target strategies
- Actively participating in client interactions, conferences, and supporting material preparation
This associate will also be encouraged to invest in their longer-term career path, which may include pursuing an MBA/Masters from a top institution, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program through the CFA Institute, and/or the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) program through the CAIA Association.
- Prospective institutional clients across banks, insurance companies and consultants
- PIMCO Investment Professionals including Account Managers, Product and Solutions Strategists, Credit Research Analysts and Portfolio Managers
- Various departments within the U.S. and globally including Alternatives, Analytics, Communications, Compliance, Executive Office, Legal, Marketing, Operations, Technology and Wealth Management
- Build and maintain targeted marketing materials to support both new business development and existing business and advance FIG-specific product strategy initiatives
- Actively track, analyze, and report on PIMCO FIG investment flows, trends in product growth, and market penetration
- Perform industry, company, and competitor research and analysis
- Identify business development opportunities and support meetings with FIG Account Managers and product counterparts to develop targeted approaches to advance business objectives
- Develop knowledge of PIMCO's and product specific investment philosophy, process, strategy, and performance history
- Drive marketing outreach efforts, and eventually serve a role in delivering presentations
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (focus on Excel and Power Point), solid understanding of software applications in general, such as index-provider databases, familiarity with query tools, Bloomberg, SNL Financial, and SQL
- Ability to clearly articulate analysis, written and orally
- Ability to lead prospect base and explore opportunities for new asset growth
- Solutions-driven individual with an ability to be core to team in building and driving business
- Well organized, high energy, self-starter, ability to work within the firm's fast paced and highly focused environment
- Entrepreneurial skills are key to success in this role
- Outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Work effectively across all levels of personnel as part of a team and individually
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking and organization skills
- Candidates must be collaborative and possess a positive and upbeat demeanor
- Clear dedication to PIMCO's culture, values and approach
Must possess a four-year college degree with a preferred major in Business/Finance, Economics, or Accounting. Progress toward the CFA designation or advanced degree program is a plus.
Ideal candidates should have 0-2 years of experience in the financial services industry and a strong interest in fixed income and economics. College internships in finance, client-oriented roles are preferred, though not required.
Ideal candidates should have 2-4 years of experience in financial services, asset management, investment banking, investment consulting, or accounting. A strong background and/or interest in fixed income and economics is important. Ideal candidates are familiar with fixed income instruments and the economic underpinnings of the fixed income asset class.
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 90,000.00 - $ 122,500.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.