| S&P Global Market Intelligence |
The Role: Business Development, Derivatives Data and Valuation Services
The Team: The Derivatives Data and Valuation Services division provides pricing and valuation services on a broad spectrum of vanilla to complex derivatives to the largest asset managers, investment banks, fund administrators, auditing firms, and regulators. Key products include Totem, Portfolio Valuations, OTC Derivatives Data, and additional add-on services such as Initial Margin Calculation. The global team is widely regarded as the market leader for these services and maintain extremely strong relationships across the market.
The Impact: Business Development is the commercial arm of product. The team is the key between our clients/market needs and our product teams; in this role we partner with clients to directly influence the direction that our services take, plan for future growth, and execute on new ideas.
What's in it for you:
- See your direct impact through business growth, client relationships, and expansion of services
- Work with and alongside global subject matter experts to address market needs
- Innovate and create new services/products for clients
What We're Looking For:
- Assist in the creation of business plans and sales campaigns
- Perform client/ prospect outreach in several ways including individual client meetings, attending seminars and conferences, participating on speaking panels, hosting roundtables and webinars
- Work closely with clients on build out of new products and services as design partners
- Create and develop new marketing material as well as sales presentations
- Engage in thought leadership via various channels including industry publications, blog posts
- Work closely with sales on product commercialization and fees as well as licensing structures such as permitted use cases and delivery
- Respond to requests for proposals
- Perform competitor analysis
- Serve as an SME and point person for your allocated product providing understanding of clients, technical information, product characteristics, coaching Sales peers in terms of Sales USPs and presales questioning etc.
- Active participation in Sales Conferences/ Special Events sales collateral production, client entertainment, and association memberships. It is expected that the candidate will help drive these activities for the product line to maximize sales revenue and client retention
Note: This role is limited to persons with an indefinite right to work in the United States.
- Bachelor's Degree: business administration/business management preferred
- 5 years of experience in a derivatives-based market
- Commercial awareness
- Key requirement of managing complex relationships towards the main objective of increasing revenue streams year-on-year in line with the account plan
- Must be able to manage senior level meetings
- Good communication skills both written and verbal required for complex commercial and business discussions
- Teamwork - Needs to build internal relationships as well as external ones. Important to have the confidence of product managers and other salespeople. Team player and willing to progress in a rapidly changing environment
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return-to-Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade /Level (relevant for internal applicants only ): 12 or 13
The Location: New York, NY
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $120,000 - $200,000. Final base salary for this role will be based on the individual's geographical location as well as experience and qualifications for the role.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, please click here .
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments, and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: R30117
Posted On: 2023-03-06
Location: New York, New York, United States