| We are seeking a senior software developer with business analysis and support experience to join our portfolio construction team in State Street Global Advisors. The candidate will provide technical solutions and co-ordinate work effort with other teams. The candidate will work closely with investment managers, development, database architecture and Infrastructure teams. The position is located in Boston. |
As Senior Application Developer, you will:
- Possess strong problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Work closely with business users and Development, Quality Assurance, and Infrastructure teams.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze requirements and propose optimal solutions that adhere to the team's methodology
- Deliver successfully within an Agile environment as well as demonstrate the flexibility and adaptability to operate successfully in such an environment
- Communicate with all parties involved including senior management, developers, architects, and end users, who may be based in different locations and time zones
- Coordinate the work of a small team of developers, potentially in different locations and time zones
- Take ownership of small to medium projects and run them from inception to completion
- Provide technical support the business community with their use of our products and services.
- These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Core Java / J2EE technologies such as concurrency, JDBC, Spring, Hibernate etc., Python
- Messaging frameworks including Kafka, JMS, MQ, and Active MQ
- Experience with data modeling and database development (SQL, PL/SQL).
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Good knowledge and experience of microservices architecture and Kubernetes
- Development and build tools (GIT, Jenkins, Maven, etc.)
- Knowledge of Front, Middle and back-office functions and applications
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle for Iterative, Agile, and traditional approaches
- Experience with release management and an understanding of architectural schematics
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience required
- Experience in Financial Services, Portfolio management highly preferred
- Experience working with remote offshore teams based in India or China would be helpful
- Experience with vendor integrations a plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.