| Who we are looking for |
Why this role is important to us
- State Street Associates, LLC (SSA) is a unique partnership of industry and academia dedicated to delivering preeminent research in investor behavior, global asset allocation, risk management, and foreign exchange to investment managers and asset owners.
- State Street Associates' staff work in a collegiate environment just off Harvard Square, Cambridge, designed to foster creative and groundbreaking thought.
- Our work is extensively peer reviewed and published in academic and practitioner journals.
- Our business objectives are to promote State Street's brand as the leading provider of knowledge resources, decision support and advisory services to global investors and provide valuable, proprietary research to clients in support of our sell-side business, State Street Global Markets.
- Research direction is provided by leading academics from Harvard and MIT.
- SSA is looking for a researcher to join the Investor Behavior Research Team.
- The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM).
- When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit.
- As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
- Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- The Quantitative Markets Research group produces cutting edge research and proprietary measures of investor behavior that are used by some of the most sophisticated asset managers in the world.
- We are looking for quantitative researchers who will play a key role in providing client service and who can contribute to the advancement of our research agenda.
- The individual will be involved in a variety of tasks, including writing market-focused insights, development of information products and indicators, contributing to quality assurance processes for existing products, developing investable strategies, and ad hoc advisory engagements.
What we value
- Strong working knowledge of financial and statistical concepts including modern portfolio theory and asset pricing theory.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required (graduate degree preferred) in a quantitative field such as finance, economics, mathematics, physics, or similar fields.
- CFA and FRM certifications also desirable.
- Experience in sell-side research desirable but not essential.
- Exceptional written skills are essential; oral communication ability and experience in public speaking is desirable.
- Computer programming experience: MATLAB, Python, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL and experience working with large data sets preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining strict attention to detail.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
$65,000 - $102,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.