| Who we are looking for |
The Global Treasury Business Unit Controller Team partners with Treasury as well as other key partners such as Operations and Global Accounting Operations to ensure Treasury activity is recorded to the ledger on a timely basis and accurately reported. The role involves understanding both financial & operational aspects of Treasury activity, including derivatives and hedging, with the successful candidate being able to maintain and improve the associated internal controls and processes. We are looking for a highly committed, technically sound and organized individual for the role.
State Street's Global Treasury team manages the company's balance sheet while seeking to optimize net interest income (NII) and is a key business partner for all client-facing business units, sales teams, and relationship managers. The core focus is on managing State Street's investment portfolio, asset-liability risk, liquidity risk, funding and liability pricing, capital structure, and rating agency relationships.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on State Street to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. The Business Unit Controller team (within Finance's Controllership department) you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Teams like ours help to ensure that State Street is producing timely and accurate financial information in a well-controlled environment. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As part of the Global Treasury Business Unit Controller Team, you will
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of Treasury financial information in compliance with State Street policies and GAAP.
- Partner with the Treasury on all new products and initiatives ensuring proper accounting is adhered to and appropriate controls and processes are in place.
- Build cross-department credibility, confidence, and collaboration with other functional areas
- Monitors effectiveness of financial accounting required to maintain reporting requirements and identifies potential improvements or issues
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Detail oriented and well organized, strong interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize work, ability to interact and manage expectations from Senior Management
- Strong communication skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision
- Have solid problem solving skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in accounting, or related degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in an accounting or finance role. 2+ years public accounting experience is preferred.
- A thorough understanding of US GAAP associated with Treasury activity
- Strong familiarity with treasury activity and processes
- Ability to act as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication, including a strong sense of urgency
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
$70,000 - $115,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.