| S&P Global Commodity Insights - Energy Advisory Services |
The Role: Associate Director, Energy Transition & Clean Tech Consulting.
The Energy Transition Consulting Team advise a wide range of clients on how to invest in and set strategy for the Energy Transition. Clients include Private, Public and National Energy & Power companies, Battery manufacturers, Financial Institutions and Private Capital Groups, Governments, Major industrial players and many more.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated and entrepreneurial individual to contribute to the rapid growth of a new practice within an established global energy consulting firm. The role will contribute to and lead the execution of our team's projects for private and public sector clients with a focus on their transition to low-carbon energy resources, including energy transition & decarbonization strategies, assessment of investments and opportunities across clean tech (including but not limited to batteries and storage, Hydrogen, Renewables, CCUS etc???) Carbon Markets, analysis of emissions management options and decarbonization opportunities, as well as developing new low-carbon energy resources.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to help build and grow a team in an exceptionally high-growth part of the Energy Consulting Practice at S&P Global. Moreover, you will work with a dynamic team of consultants and experts with wide-ranging backgrounds in energy and the energy transition. The varied and changing nature of our projects leads to development of a diverse set of skills, and exposure to different industries and clients, including senior industry leaders and policy makers.
What We're Looking For:
- Effectively manage entire consulting projects or significant workstreams within a larger project, under the direction of the project manager or project director
- Manage project resources and progress against the project plan to ensure on-time delivery of a quality set of products
- Demonstrate expertise in the relevant industry or work process, become a recognized expert on chosen topics of interest within the team and the broader organization
- Challenge ideas and influence others in the team
- Build consensus across the groups with competing priorities within the project team
- Efficiently review analysis and modelling efforts done by other team or project team members and provide feedback for improvement
- Participate in client or industry events and share key takeaways that impact the consulting team's work and priorities
- Participate in client meetings and lead the presentation of a project's reports
- Support and/or lead business development efforts
The Location: London or EU
- Ten years or more of experience in consulting, industry, or finance environments focusing on Energy. Experience in areas related to Energy Transition and commercial analysis and M&A in the energy value chain is a must.
- Experience in management consulting will be a significant plus
- Once priorities are agreed, the ability to work with autonomy with minimal direction is preferrable
- Minimum qualifications are BSc. in finance, economics, or business, engineering, or similar degrees. A post-graduate degree (especially MBA) is a plus.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English (Other European Languages is a plus).
- Must have an analytical frame of mind and prepared to use data to back up opinions.
- Some travel is required average around 20% of time (but could occasionally be more)
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment providing ideas and open feedback.
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
S&P Global Commodity Insights - Energy Advisory Services is a leading provider of strategic, market, and technical advice to energy companies, investors, and government entities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), BSMGMT202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: R31247
Posted On: 2023-03-08
Location: London, London, United Kingdom