| PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients. |
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
The talent, dedication and spirit of PIMCO's people are the most important factors in our success as a global investment solutions provider over the last four decades. We strive to build a diverse workforce, pulling from a broad range of backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.
PIMCO's Global Wealth Management division is currently seeking an Account Associate, Internal Sales to join our team.
The mission of an Account Associate ("AA"), working in close partnership with a field-based Account Manager ("AM"), is to develop and maintain meaningful client relationships with financial advisors (at wirehouses, regional and independent broker/dealers) in a geographic territory for the purpose of acquiring and retaining mutual fund and other professionally managed assets.
Location: This position is available in Austin, TX.
What you'll do:
- Have a real passion for, and remain well-informed on, the financial markets, the global economic environment, asset allocation, investment vehicles and the overall financial services industry
- Achieve high levels of substantive client interaction - via phone, e-mail, screen-sharing, and at times, in-person meetings (territory travel, industry conferences, due diligence, etc.)
- Successfully establish an understanding of the nature and needs of our clients varying business practices
- Confidently provide relevant market insight, product information, investment ideas and sales support
- Strategically handle activities in the territory, including contributions to the formation and implementation of a business plan
- Seek to be empowered to think and act like effective business leaders, assuming full responsibility for development of certain client segments
- Recognize ongoing training and continuing education are critical to cultivating the strongest client relationships. Numerous AAs have attained CFA, CIMA, CAIA, and other industry designations with firm support
- Be ready to make a difference on the team by participating in department meetings, engaging colleagues across different PIMCO functions, participating and leading working groups, sharing unique ideas, fully utilizing continuous mentoring and training, etc.
- Develop a long-term career with PIMCO, with the potential to serve clients and the firm in various ways over time. A number of experienced and dedicated AAs have transitioned to account management, strategic accounts, and client-facing roles in other distribution channels
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
- Friendly and genuinely enjoy working in a team environment, yet ready to run with projects independently
- Have excellent people skills: you love to pay attention to people, are engaging, and almost never run out of relevant things to discuss
- Relationship building is a key part of your life
- Passionate about financial markets and investments
- Known for your strong verbal and written communication skills
- Inquisitive, and have a natural thirst for knowledge
- Looking for a good challenge, big or small
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licensed
- A firm believer that given enough time and resources, you can achieve any goal
Salary: $ 70,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.