| Data Analyst/ SQL Developer, Alpha Operations |
Why this role is important to us
The Alpha Operations team provides Alpha clients with investment, financial, and regulatory reports enabling our clients to make informed, data-driven decisions. The team ensures that the data is delivered to the client in an accurate, complete, and timely manner.
The Data Analyst/ SQL Developer will interact with clients and internal State Street parties to identify the best data validation solutions for the client. The role involves supporting multiple client relationships and client deliverables globally.
What you will be responsible for
- Perform daily checks on inbound and outbound data delivery
- Develop and maintain data validation and reporting tools
- Create SQL-based data validation checks on source and target data to confirm data has correct and expected values
- Work independently and collaboratively to identify issues, perform root-cause analysis that would lead to proper and timely issue resolutions
- Escalate data and technical related issues to proper teams and track until complete resolution
- Contribute to data validation and system enhancement testing efforts
- Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards
- Communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external parties
- Adhere to internal procedures and best practices at all times
What you will be responsible for
- Degree in computer science, finance, accounting, business, or technology and relevant industry experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Technical skills in data management including SQL
- Database Management and ETL development experience
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS/ Azure)
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable and show initiative and a strong sense of task ownership
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and work on new areas of expertise
- Asset management experience, including investment operation
- Flexible working hours may be required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
$52,000 - $78,520 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.