| Position: Associate Director Agency MBS Valuations |
S&P Global's Securitized Products Pricing group provides independent evaluated pricing across Non-agency RMBS, Agency CMOs, Agency Pass-throughs, Consumer ABS, CMBS, European ABS, CDOs and CLOs. IHS Markit's services are used by key financial institutions to help them optimize their price verification, audit and risk management processes. The group is based in New York with teams in London and Noida.
An opportunity exists for a senior role within the Securitized Products pricing team. The position will include evaluator as well as development responsibilities. It will primarily include covering Agency Pool and CMO tranches as well as the potential for involvement across other areas of the product. There will be a key focus on development, automation and quality control.
Duties & Accountabilities:
- Evaluate and generate cash flows and prices of Agency Pools on a daily basis using internal and industry tools.
- Help lead and mentor the broader team on fixed income markets and pricing concepts
- Utilize market color and information from Markit Parsing to better our pricing offering and accurately reflect changes in the market by adjusting assumptions and refining inputs
- Adjust daily pricing assumptions to reflect security performance in current market conditions
- Work with the Markit development team to build out and improve daily processes and enhance internal systems
- Automate processes, design reports and write querying logic to provide insight, transparency and efficiency to the valuations business
- Assess relative value for securities by analyzing collateral market trends, prepayments, defaults, severity, variability in bond cashflows, and comparisons with other markets.
- Handle customer queries on pricing, methodology and other related matters
- Be able to work within Securitized Products and the broader organization to effectuate change and identify cross-selling or synergistic opportunities
Compensation/Benefits Information: S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $135k to $155k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
- Degree in Finance, Math, Computer Science
- 3-6 year's experience within securitized products (strongly preferred)
- Advanced understanding of fixed income markets required
- Experience with Intex Calc and Prepayment Modelin g
- Strong Excel and technical skills required
- VBA / SQL
- Must be a self-starter and team player and maintain a strong work ethic
- Ability to work and function in high pressured situations
- Ability to digest market information and articulate to all levels in a structured and understandable way
- Strong speaking and writing skills, and will be called upon to deal with client price challenges in a professional manner, clearly articulating our methodology and response to inquiries about pricing levels
- Must be willing and able to work effectively with others within the team and across other products
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 280013
Posted On: 2023-03-07
Location: New York, New York, United States