| The Role: Senior Analyst, Financial Analysis |
Grade Level: 10
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: The finance team is responsible for financial planning and analysis related to budgeting, forecasting and partnering with all other functions of the business. The team values collaboration and the ability to think critically while problem solving. The role reports to the Associate Director of Finance.
The Impact: This role will provide support to both finance and commercial teams. The manager will provide support and analysis for the month-end close and ongoing forecasting as well as market analysis in support of various revenue product and expense lines. This role will contribute value added analysis, supporting the finance team's strategic positioning within the company.
We are looking for a candidate who will assist in supporting the business' strategic growth plans with insights gained from analyzing company performance data. This role will provide support and analysis for the month-end close and ongoing forecasting as well as market analysis in support of various revenue product lines.
The ideal candidate is adept at combining analytic tools and techniques with business expertise to identify the key drivers of performance and opportunities for growth. They must be able to translate information into actionable insights to find opportunities for product optimization and use models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. The role requires experience building and implementing financial models using a variety of analytic tools based on data acquisition and data blending to drive decision making. The candidate will have the opportunity to present findings in group settings to members of the senior leadership team.
What's in it for you:
- Contribute to and influence decision making related to the growth strategy of the business.
- Opportunity to enhance current processes and create efficiencies related to reporting and analysis.
- The role has a multitude of responsibilities and will gain experience in many functional areas of finance.
- Develop your skills working with software to analyze large data sets for the finance and technology leadership teams.
- Be part of a team that focuses on cutting-edge financial analysis techniques in an environment that emphases training and development.
What We're Looking For:
- Key contributor to the month-end close, annual budgeting process and monthly expense forecasting processes.
- Lead finance business partner for technology team, with support across all functional teams
- Conduct research and synthesize large quantities of data into actionable analysis for management.
- Learn and gain comfort supporting expense management processes across the business, building broad knowledge and ability to support projects and workflows for finance colleagues.
- Understand and apply best practices related to expense forecasting, accruals, and strong internal controls.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, self-motivated, focused, creative, quick learner, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Adaptive to new technologies and platforms, passionate about solving business problems.
- Experience analyzing data and creating visualizations to support business decision making through the use of Tableau.
- Strong Excel and data manipulation skillset.
- Ability to automate and/or digitize manual processes using Alteryx and/or Tableau.
- Experienced in dashboard design and focused, thoughtful visual display of quantitative information.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and see projects through to successful completion.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team.
- 4+ years of experience related to financial planning and analysis, public accounting, asset management or economic analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only)
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and securities trading
- Experience designing, building, and testing workflows in Alteryx to support analysis of large and complex data sets.
- CFA/MBA in process (or as a goal).
- Proficiency/knowledge in PowerPoint, QlikView, Oracle, Anaplan, Smartview, or other database tools a plus.
S&P Global states that the anticipated minimum base salary for this position is $110,000 - $130,000 depending on experience. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Dow Jones Indices provides iconic and innovative index solutions, bringing transparency to global capital markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 282808
Posted On: 2023-03-03
Location: New York, New York, United States