| RISK |
Our Risk teams develop comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects, and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success.
CAPITAL RISK TEAM
The Capital Risk team provides an independent view into the capital decisions across the firm. The team advises on regulatory capital interpretations and firmwide capital management decisions. The team's primary functions include independent challenge of regulatory capital polices, interpretations and transactions.
The candidate will be responsible for monitoring, analyzing, interpreting and challenging the regulatory capital associated with individual transactions, new products, broader business initiatives and the firm. This will involve working closely with a number of desks, Controllers, Legal, Corporate Treasury, Technology, etc., and will require a strong control mindset. Other responsibilities may include oversight of the firm's capital strategy and the firm's proximity to capital requirements.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Understanding capital regulations and determining appropriate capital interpretations
- Monitoring, summarizing, challenging and generating thought leadership related to the impact of and risk appetite associated with the implementation of the regulatory capital rules
- Communicating thoughtful analysis on sophisticated regulatory capital matters to senior managers, businesses, risk departments and other impacted areas
- Assessing the impact of capital regulation on individual transactions, new products and business proposals
- Understanding and controlling the firm's overall capital management strategy
- 5-7 years minimum experience
- Prior experience interpreting Federal Reserve Board guidance or drafting policies to implement interpretations
- Prior experience evaluating the capital implications of proposed new activities or transactions
- Prior experience in the policy or supervision division of the Federal Reserve Board or related regulator preferred
- Strong attention to detail, intellectual curiosity and commitment to excellence
- Strong organizational skills - ability to manage a constantly evolving inflow of projects and priorities
- Effective communicator - both orally and in writing
- Team player - ability to maintain mutual support within a high profile team
- Self-motivated, proactive and willing to take on additional responsibilities, ability to run with issues, and get involved as necessary
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Power Point, Word and Excel
- Ability to conduct research, analyze technical regulatory papers and identify relevant issues
- Understanding of banking organizations, financial products; ability to analyze new trades and businesses with particular focus on regulatory capital implications
- Work experience involving capital adequacy concepts (capital, leverage, liquidity, accounting, etc.), financial services or policy is a plus
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $130000-$260000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end.
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
?? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity