| PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients. |
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
The Administrative Assistant role at PIMCO provides challenge, diversity and opportunity. This is a fast-paced environment that requires individuals to be self-starters, highly professional, organized and detail oriented. We look for candidates who are collaborative, inclusive, effective communicators and exercise good judgement across all responsibiliti es. We encourage individuals to take ownership and initiative and bring forth creative ideas and solutions.
This role is required to work onsite.
- Heavy calendar management for multiple executives with competing priorities according to their preferences
- Effectively prioritizes meetings and proactively identifies and resolves calendar conflicts
- Communicates effectively and keeps managers' calendars well organized
Travel Coordination and Preparation
- Schedules external & internal meetings, calls and video conferencing with multiple time zones and participants
- Communicates with assistants across departments and offices to check and confirm availability for participants
- Coordinates meeting materials, printing and distribution in accordance with firm-wide deadlines
- Handles all aspects of meeting logistics (i.e. VC details, conference rooms, A/V assistance, catering)
Expense Reports: Travel, Gifts and Entertainment
- Coordinates complex international and domestic travel arrangements through our online booking tool and travel agency according to the company travel and expense policy
- Arranges cost effective ground transportation, books hotels and manages all logistics
- Creates final travel itinerary, including detailed information on client meeting
Internal and External Client Servicing and Phone Coverage
- Gathers business documentation to prepare monthly expense reports
- Prompts managers after travel, meetings and events for proper documentation
- Prior to travel or events, obtains policy exception approvals and compliance pre-approvals
- Processes monthly detailed expense reports through the firm expense management system
- Reconciles monthly expenses with corporate credit card statements to ensure balances are paid in full, and follows up with managers for personal payments when needed
- Monitors and tracks all expense reports submitted until final payment
Project and Department Responsibiliti es
- Communicates clear and accurate details along with timely follow-up to emails and ad hoc requests
- Creates follow up correspondence according to the requirement of each individual
- Provides excellent client service both internally and externally
- Handles a high volume of phone calls and escalates matters appropriately
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
- Completes assigned projects on time and with accuracy
- Interacts with senior management & assistants from other departments to support all business needs as a team
- Supports individuals with any projects or events using a variety of firm tools and applications
- Assist with general administrative tasks including preparing c orrespondence, data entry, maintaining client contact information
Hourly Rate: $ 43.02
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.