| Cloud Network Engineer wanted for systematic arm of globally recognised hedge fund in their New York office. Come and join the technology operations team which has a hugely varied project portfolio, including infrastructure & application production support and operations of the trading platform, health monitoring, operational procedures set-up (including playbooks/run books), as well as building CI/CD pipelines, observability framework including dashboards with multiple level of granularity, and many more. |
In this role, you'll be responsible for all aspects of firewall administration, including hardware, operating systems, encryption tunnels, VPN, day-to-day operations of firewall rule sets. Working closely with platform & business application engineering teams and stakeholders across the business, you'll design network solutions to meet internal customers' needs, and bridge the gap between development and operations with a strong focus on 'Infrastructure as Code'.
The successful Cloud Network Engineer will possess strong knowledge & hands-on experience of cloud operations, databases, with the programming/scripting experience to build CI/CD and observability frameworks, plus troubleshooting and technical issue investigation skills.
- 5+ years' hands-on experience implementing large-scale networks, including migrating and/or extending on-prem networks to the cloud
- Significant troubleshooting experience solving networking issues
- Experience with Load Balancers f5, Citrix
- Proven deep knowledge & understanding of cloud technologies, e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SDNs, NFV, Openstack, and other emerging technologies
- Experience with Firewalls and ACLs (NSX, Cisco, Juniper, PaloAlto, Checkpoint, Fortinet), and IDS/IPS (Snourt/Sourcefire, Tippingpoint)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject
- Finance experience beneficial but not required
- Work directly with all parts of the fund
- Market-leading salaries + bonus
- Entrepreneurial feel of a small firm with the infrastructure, technology and support that comes with a large company
- Inclusive, collaborative work culture
If you think you are a suitable candidate for the role and would like further info, please contact: