A well-established, Chicago-based global private equity firm pursuing non-correlated investment strategies seeks to hire a qualified Chief Financial Officer (???CFO???) to play a key role in the continued growth and development of the proven platform. This individual will work in the firm???s Chicago headquarters and report to the Chief Executive Officer.
The ideal candidate will be a reliable, diligent, proven team player who enjoys deadline-driven work, multitasking, and executing with a high attention to detail. They will thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and dynamic environment while remaining calm and poised. Complex financial analysis, detailed tracking, discretion, and excellent judgement are required. Motivation, collaboration, and decisiveness are also a must. The CFO will also function as a liaison to investors and other external stakeholders by communicating timely, accurate, confidential information.
The firm is committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, and whether they have a disability.
- Work with investment professionals and the Investment Committee to model, analyze, and make pricing recommendations with respect to prospective investments.
- Assist in managing risk, including the use of insurance, contractual provisions, and hedging strategies.
- Assist in the management, tracking, and analysis of firm???s investment portfolios.
- Oversee financial, accounting, cash management, and banking functions.
- Manage process and deliver quarterly and annual investor reports.
- Lead the preparation of investment valuations.
- Oversee calculations for management fees, capital contributions, distribution waterfalls, and carried interest.
- Handle projects associated to requests/inquiries from investors or as specified in the investor documents.
- Manage debt facility/line of credit, including borrowings, repayments, interest calculations, and reporting to lenders.
- Assist with managing human resources, benefits, administrative, and information technology functions.
- Oversee external accountants, auditors, and tax professionals.
- Work closely with executives on the formulation and implementation of strategic goals and financial objectives.
- Assist the Director of Investor Relations with the preparation and presentation of investor reports.
- Maintain accounting and finance best practices and update as the firm evolves.
- Supervise all accounting and finance personnel.
- Sit on the firm???s Management Committee and assist senior management with key decisions, policies, and practices.
- Work closely with the General Counsel on compliance matters and potentially serve as the Chief Compliance Offer.
- Establish metrics to track and measure the performance of deal originators, consultants, and other firm personnel.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 10+ ??years of experience serving as a senior finance professional at (a) a private equity fund or other type of private investment fund; or (b) a financial institution, top public accounting firm, or other professional services firm.
- Ability to quickly identify and assess complicated issues, present them clearly, and propose effective solutions.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), drafting and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to consistently prioritize, coordinate and satisfy numerous competing demands and successfully achieve deadline-driven results.
- A committed team player with strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to collaborate and deal effectively with others, including senior management, peers, support staff, and investors.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; proficiency with Salesforce (or analogous CRM systems) preferred.
- Accounting or Finance BS/BA, MBA or MS Accounting/Finance Degree, CPA and/or CFA, strongly preferred.
- Highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience, including participation in the firm???s carry plan, and employee benefit package.