| PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients. |
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO has relied on quant strategies combined with fundamental analysis to drive alpha in fixed income for three decades. That success led us to expand our quant capabilities to currencies, commodities and equities over the last 15 years. To this day, we continue to look for people who are passionate about data-driven research who want to build on our expansive quant capabilities and break ground on exciting new initiatives. Dedicated to supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion and acceptance, at PIMCO we work to create an environment where all our people can be their authentic selves. We strive to heighten our employees' appreciation for diverse perspectives and skills, facilitating increased collaboration and enhancing our ability to attract and engage top talent.
PIMCO is seeking a senior quantitative developer to join the PM-Analytics Portfolio Engineering team and be passionate about developing valuation tools for Quant researchers, Portfolio Managers and fundamental analysts. You will be a key contributor to the design and delivery of solutions with a focus on enhancing integration of front office analytical tools with the firm's quantitative platform. As a senior quantitative developer in our Newport Beach office, you will interact directly with our Portfolio Managers and quantitative researchers. Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about quantitative methods in the financial industry, technology, and impactful delivery.
- You will participate in the re-design and cloud based implementation of a critical application supporting our Credit Desk.
- Work closely with quants and portfolio managers to implement, deploy and support front office analytical tools.
- Gain deep understanding of PIMCO's data and infrastructure platforms and contribute to their ongoing improvements.
- You will conduct design and review sessions with collaborators, project managers, and developers.
- Troubleshoot data and/or software issues and be able to rapidly implement fixes.
- Provide timely and proactive support to end users.
- Work collaboratively with technologists, traders and other researchers to build robust trading software solutions.
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
- Quantitative Master's degree (financial engineering or other technically demanding program such as theoretical physics or math) is preferred.
- 5 years of experience with Python (C#, C++, or Java a plus) and relational databases are required.
- Experience in the financial industry preferred.
- Able to work independently, handle multiple tasks, and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated interest in investment management, quantitative finance and software design.
Salary Range: $ 165,000.00 - $ 240,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.