| The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen. |
What's the role?
Bloomberg's Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world's leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products, including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. We are currently looking for an experienced person to work with our Global Compliance Practices team.
As a Compliance Officer on our Compliance Practices team, you will work with Compliance colleagues, as well as key Legal partners, in contributing to key regulatory initiatives. This role focuses on extracting and documenting applicable legal obligations from foreign regulatory licenses or exemptions held by each of Bloomberg's regulated entities. This work will cover several regulated entities across APAC, EMEA and the Americas.
This role will impact and complement a number of our other key Compliance Risk Management Program Practices work and pillars including: Regulatory Mapping, Risk Assessments, Control Testing, Issue Management, Policy Management, Training, Regulatory Change.
We'll trust you to:
- Support the Compliance Practices team, the Global Chief Compliance Officer, each of the Regional and Licensed Entity Chief Compliance officers, and Bloomberg's business by:
- Working in a dynamic team environment
- Executing the documentation of legal obligations from each of the foreign regulatory licenses or exemptions held by each of Bloomberg's regulated entities
- Analyzing and categorizing the inventory of legal obligations across licensed entities and identifying commonalities
- Presenting directly to management on progress and results of project efforts
- Ensuring the final and approved legal obligation inventories are systematically maintained within Bloomberg's systems, and that resulting outcomes are tracked accordingly
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with Compliance, Legal, and/or Risk Management
- Expertise and proven experience in reviewing and interpreting regulatory licenses and exemptions, identifying and consolidating legal obligations, and categorizing and documenting them in a system of record to ensure compliance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to present complex subject matter in a concise and straightforward manner
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment, build and maintain a network of contacts, and coordinators with several partners across our company to influence and drive the Compliance Risk Management Program forward
- A demonstrated track record of being a strong team player in order to guide organizational change and collaborate with key partners across various levels
We'd love to see:
- Experience working for with a regulated financial institution, financial services regulator, self-regulatory organization, or consulting firm
- Familiarity with financial markets and products, including electronic trading platform and operations
- Experience with Project and/or Program Management
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Salary Range: 50 - 55 USD Hourly
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.
We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.