The firm is seeking a motivated Accounting Manager who will ensure the successful execution and management of day-to-day accounting processes within a growing Accounting and Finance team. The Accounting Manager will manage daily accounting transactions and periodic close activities, while assisting the Director of Accounting with periodic audit and reporting requirements and federal and state tax filings. The Accounting Manager??will also assist the Director of Accounting in evaluating and maintaining all departmental processes, including the management and implementation of the required software to continuously drive process improvements within the team on an ongoing basis.
- ???Maintain??the General Ledger and review journal entries for cash and non-cash activities.
- Review??weekly payables transactions and employee reimbursements.
- Prepare??and review??reconciliations for all Balance Sheet accounts for monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing.
- Prepare, review??and manage??the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, including balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flow statements.
- Assist??with the management of state and federal tax filings.
- Prepare??quarterly reports with analyses on key accounts on an ongoing basis.
- Assist??with the annual financial statement audit by coordinating with team members and auditors to complete audit schedules and requests, as well as drafting the financial statements and footnotes.
- Own??the administration of the company???s banking systems.
- Document??all departmental processes, providing and implementing control recommendations, and evaluating and modifying on a regular basis.
- Maintain??a continued focus on improving existing processes and system efficiencies.
- At least 5 - 10+ years of financial accounting, management accounting or public accounting??experience??within the asset management / financial services industry.
- Supervisory experience (ability to manage, coach, and develop team members).
- Ability to accurately analyze and apply US GAAP, income tax basis and cash basis financial reports.
- Highly proficient in MS applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Highly proficient in finance and accounting systems (Oracle, Concur and Power BI preferred,??not required).
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team in a hybrid working environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a high level of energy, enthusiasm??and professionalism.