| The Role: Lead Software Developer |
Grade : 11 (for internal use only)
The Location: Charlottesville, VA; US- VIRTUAL (Eastern Time)
The Team: You will work with a team of intelligent, ambitious, and hard-working software professionals. The team is responsible for the ingestion of real-time pricing data for the market intelligence platform. Team responsibilities include creating work items from technical requirements, producing architecture/design, implementing requirements, testing, validation of production post-deployment, and resolving customer production issues.
Contribute significantly to the growth of the firm by:
What's in it for you:
- Developing innovative functionality in existing and new products
- Supporting and maintaining high-revenue products
- Achieve the above intelligently and economically using best practices
This is the place to hone your existing software development skills while having the opportunity to work with a wide range of new and mature technologies across the full stack of a modern web application.
Alongside you get opportunities to:
- Mentor and work with a skilled team while shaping the future of our products.
- An opportunity to learn & master current and mature technologies, in a supportive environment that makes self-paced learning resources available.
What We're Looking For:
- Design and develop industry-leading applications.
- Work with business partners to understand and clarify requirements.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Respond to and resolve production issues.
- Complete SDLC: architecture, design, development, and support of tech solutions
- Active participation in all scrum ceremonies, follow AGILE best practices effectively.
- Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code
- Produce technical design documents and conduct technical walkthroughs
- Document and demonstrate solutions using technical design docs, diagrams, and stubbed code
- Bachelors /Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent. 8-10+ years' experience in application development
- Strong expertise and knowledge in .Net, C#, REST Services, Windows Services, Data Structures, Multithreading, Design Patterns, MS SQL Server
- Expertise in building message-based distributed, scalable & resilient systems
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of caching systems
- Experience with stream processing engines like Kafka, Spark, etc.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Demonstrates leadership in building relationships with business partners and/or clients
- Experience in the Financial services domain is a plus.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $85,700 - $160,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits, we provide for our employees, visit https://spgbenefits.com/
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 279530
Posted On: 2023-02-27
Location: Virtual, Virginia, United States