| The Role: Associate - Structured Finance Ratings - ABS |
The Team: S&P Global Ratings is seeking an experienced analyst to join its Structured Finance Ratings practice which provides credit ratings and opinions for securitizations backed by a wide variety of ABS assets. In this role, the Associate will be responsible for the end-to-end rating process, research, cash flow, credit, and structural analytics, and client-facing activities for new issue ratings and surveillance of ABS transactions backed by consumer and commercial assets.
The Impact: . This role blends research and quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, client-facing interactions, and project management. Daily tasks include completing the end-to-end ratings process, reviewing documents, assessing the credit profile of collateral pools, and conducting cash flow analyses to determine the credit rating impact of stress tests to the structures and enhancement levels under various economic scenarios. The Associate is expected to conduct credit rating committees and interact with bankers, issuers, and investors on analytical matters
What's in it for you: Structured Finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have a knack for problem-solving.
What We're Looking For:
- Analyze credit quality of collateral pools. Review performance data, credit models, underwriting criteria, and macroeconomic and sector factors.
- Complete the end-to-end ratings process for new issue and surveillance transactions.
- Perform cash flow analysis and synthesize results in a timely manner for rating committees.
- Review legal and operating documents to ensure compliance with criteria and identify issues with the transaction structure. Provide feedback to external parties.
- Actively manage relationships with issuers, intermediaries, and investors. Effectively communicate S&P's methodologies and procedures. Participate in client meetings.
- Prepare written and oral presentations to rating committees. Make recommendations to committees and actively participate in committee deliberations.
- Draft thorough yet concise press releases and presale reports. Collaborate with internal parties (editorial, data, etc.) to manage the publication of ratings and reports to external audiences.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of ratings criteria and cash flow analysis of ABS by helping to resolve clients' analytical needs.
- Work on special projects as directed by the analytical team manager.
Preferred Qualifications: The Location: New York, NY | Centennial, CO
- (3) or more years of relevant work experience
- Prior credit analysis experience
- Prior ABS (asset-backed securities) experience
- Diligent and intellectually curious self-starter with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed
- Strong proficiency with Excel, financial models, and financial data.
- Strong understanding of financial markets and their relationship to S&P products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to analyze and solve non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner.
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines under time pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a collaborative team.
Grade/Level ( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11
No Sponsorship Available: This role is limited to persons with the indefinite right to work in the United States.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $85,700 to $170,400 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
About Company Statement :
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments, and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 282811
Posted On: 2023-02-24
Location: New York, New York, United States