| Citi continues to enhance its business control and governance framework by building out Institutional Credit Management (ICM), a new function in the 1st Line of Defense, to house and consistently manage credit risk activities performed across its Institutional Client Group organization. ICM's objective is to provide integrated "end-to-end" credit underwriting, identification, measurement, management, and monitoring for wholesale credit risk across the enterprise. Within ICM, the CPE Underwriting function (ICM-CPE UW) provides analysis, greenlight, underwriting, first-line-of-defense credit approval and subsequent credit monitoring across all ICG wholesale credit businesses including Banking, Capital Markets, and Advisory (BCMA), Global Structured Products, Financings, and Securitizations (GSP-F&S), Treasury & Trade Services (TTS), Markets, and Securities Services (MSS). |
The ICM Hedge Fund (HF) Portfolio Associate / AVP is responsible for helping manage Citi's credit risk to a portfolio of the firm's most complex and large Hedge Fund/Private Equity relationships. Primary activities include credit due diligence, credit reviews, credit approvals and monitoring of the portfolio within the risk appetite of the overall business strategy.
- Work closely with Citi's business lines across all products, with a particular focus on Prime Brokerage, as well as 2nd LoD Risk Management
- Assist in extensive client-interface through the due diligence meetings, assess creditworthiness of clients and assign credit ratings and tiers.
- Prepare Credit Approval Memo process (CAM) and risk rating scorecards.
- Help monitor compliance with trading agreements (NAV and/or performance ATEs, disclosure requirements) and Limits excesses
- Assist in evaluating the risk of hedge fund portfolios and managing credit risk related to client lending, trading, clearing, prime brokerage, and custody operations
- Help establish remediation plan for Limits and ATE breaches and remediate breaches in accordance with the plan
- Report on limit excesses and limit excess aging
- Review and monitor margin disputes, and establish Margin tolerance threshold for select clients where applicable
- Assist with addressing FCR, IA and regulatory reviews / questions
- Assist the team head in presentations and industry reports given to senior management, and regulatory reporting requirements
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients, and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing, and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Less than 5 years of experience in financial services
- Motivated and confident to drive change
- Highly effective communication skills, used to partner with other groups and present findings and suggestions to management.
- Attention to detail unaffected by high pressure situations
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access
- Role is evaluated depending on the candidate's skillset and qualifications and can be AVP/Associate.
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:
Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting