| S&P Global Market Intelligence - Desktop and Cross-Segments |
The Role: Senior UX Designer
The Team: Our designers are expert communicators who bring people together to solve complex problems. The Market Intelligence design team accelerates ideas into prototypes and delivers real-world solutions that empower our clients to make decisions with conviction. We are responsible for making powerful desktop and mobile applications easy to use for Capital IQ Pro customers.
The Impact: The designer will analyze functional and business requirements and develop effective solutions that support the Market Intelligence division's customer experience roadmap and commercial goals.
What's in it for you: The Senior User Experience Designer will oversee production designers and ensure high quality design deliverables throughout the entire product design and development lifecycle. Responsibilities include creating visual design specifications and interaction models, directing user research and analysis, and working directly with stakeholders from commercial, product and technology groups.
- Conceives and creates solutions that fulfill strategic business objectives and help Capital IQ Pro desktop clients succeed.
- Works with product managers and development team on style and approach for all projects.
- Understands and communicates cross-platform requirements for SaaS applications and mobile apps.
- Provides design elements, comps, templates, and finished solutions.
- Directs usability tests, heuristic reviews and delivers thoughtful analysis of the findings.
- Maintains an awareness of status and project deliverables.
- Defines and articulates the look and feel of the solution through comps and/or prototypes in line with the direction provided by product leads, corporate brand team and Director of UX.
- Works with Junior designers to upskill abilities, grow and retain talent.
- Organizes workflow and reports project status to Director of UX.
- Contributes knowledge to our company intranet.
- Works well with fellow team members.
- Demonstrates dedication to helping S&P Global meet commitments to our customers and stakeholders.
- Addition duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned and/or change at any time with or without notice
Senior UX designers will supervise the work of UX Designers and participate in performance reviews.
This position is remote. Candidates should have work permits in either the United States or Europe.
Minimal travel may be required and is contingent upon the needs of the company.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree in interactive design or visual arts (graphic design)
- 6+ years of experience in a creative role while being proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma and Sketch
- A strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process
- Strong understanding of front-end interactive design solutions for back-end data systems
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
- Working knowledge of capabilities of different platforms and browsers, and their design constraints on the Web
- A portfolio that represents a range of design styles as well as a clear personal aesthetic
- Passion for innovation
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade/Level ( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11
The Location: US Remote - Specifically EST Time
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $110,000.00 to $ 135,000.00. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), MRKTNG202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 276722
Posted On: 2023-03-03
Location: Virtual, Georgia, United States