| Citi Market Operations is currently at a pivotal point in its evolution and journey to implement a target operating model. We take pride and are passionate about our People and our culture. We are invested in people and their development. We are transforming and simplifying our operating model creating an exciting environment which encourages diversity of thought and inclusion. |
We are a dynamic, global, and diverse Organisation, with a presence in over 60 Countries; covering all front post execution Operations teams including product aligned Middle Office groups, Settlements, Margin, Asset Servicing, Listed Derivative & Commodities Operations. We support an extensive range of Capital Markets products and services including Fixed Income (FX, Rates, Credit, Muni, Cash and Derivatives) where Citi is consistently a dominant top 3 player in the market, Equity (Cash, Derivatives, Prime Brokerage, Futures, Listed Derivs, FXPB) where Citi has a significant growth program to continue to build out its capabilities and services; and Syndicates where we support both FI and EQ new issues and IPOs.
Our Operations groups are core to the success of the Markets business and have significant impact across the lifecycle of a trade. We partner extensively with a range of internal stakeholders including Front Office Sales and Trading Desks, Compliance, Legal, Finance and HR; alongside having significant interaction with our external client base, playing a key role in the overall client experience. We have a Client relationship group, dedicated to overseeing the Organizational service performance and strategic partnership for our top tier client base, where we play a key role in supporting our global clients to ensure they have a first-class experience when doing business with Citi.
Our Business Intelligence and Process Re-engineering group works alongside our Operations teams delivering automation solutions to solve for operational challenges. We partner with Citi's innovation labs to drive optimization, and overall play a pivotal role in enabling us to transform to achieve our target operating model.
Our Technology partners develop and implement a wide range of applications that support the Operations, Change, Design and Implementation groups in providing innovative products and solutions. We have re-imagined how to provide technology and service in our domain through the alignment of our team vision, culture, and aggressive retirement plan for legacy applications and adoption of a micro-based containerized cloud environment. We encourage our people to create, explore and be adventurous whilst taking measured risk, adopting safe practices to protect the firm. Data lineage and optimization is core to how we develop our eco system. We are growing our capabilities using artificial intelligence, natural language processing and machine learning.
Our roles entail ensuring we operate in a robust control environment, whilst in a fast-paced workplace. We comply with global regulations and internal policies and adopt a proactive approach to identifying opportunities to reduce risk through the continuous evaluation of our controls; to protect our clients, the firm, and our reputation.
We work closely with our external global peers, partners, and regulators, and play an integral part in leading an agenda at the forefront to optimize and streamline processes and drive strategy across our industry.
Equity Swaps Middle Office sits within Citi Market Operations supporting the Delta One Business and is part of the overall Prime Finance Middle Office unit. The primary responsibility is to provide top-class service to our Prime Swap Clients, with a focus on execution to allocation trade handling, trade lifecycle management, fails management, and queries from Clients and Desks. The successful candidate will be the main point of contact for all operational queries for their Client-base and will interact closely with key internal stakeholders across the Business, Middle Office, and Operations. The successful candidate will also be uniquely placed to support the Line Manager and Business on project work and ad-hoc requests.
This is a Client-focused role - we take pride in our commitment on delivering innovative value-add services to enhance the client experience, and increase potential business revenue, whilst reducing Manual Touchpoints (MTP's) and driving operational efficiency.
- Main point of contact for client operational queries
- Provide support to Front Office Sales and Trading around lifecycle management
- Trade handling across equity hedge and swap side, including trade capture/allocation, trade exception clearance and connectivity issue resolution with our tech partners
- Management of client trade activity, liaising with the Desk and Clients to resolve any issues
- Management of client settlement query resolution
- Support trade capture management, Front to Back reconciliation and identifying operational risk
- Contribute to the development of new techniques for the trade life cycle, and improve processes and workflows
- Driving initiatives to reduce Manual Touch Points (MTP's) for global team
- Contribute to bank change projects and offer advanced solutions and resolve complex trade flow problems
- Helping to maintain a culture and environment where processes, risks and controls are continually monitored, and potential risks escalated on a timely basis
- Provide informal/formal leadership for the team, and coach and train new recruits, and provide guidance and support to junior staff
- Contribute to the creation of an infrastructure and tool set that will effectively manage risk and service our clients to a high standard
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the necessary skills and experience to deliver on the below value-add service differentiators.
- Operational Expertise: demonstrate solid understanding of key operational functions such as Settlements, Lifecycle Management, Reconciliations, Trade Support, and Corporate Actions
- Product Knowledge: demonstrate high-level knowledge and understanding of the Equity Hedge and Equity Swap product. A general knowledge of derivatives is highly desirable.
- Client Presentation: an ability to be articulate, confident, intellectually agile and professional in appearance and manner so that the franchise is well represented. Team members should have the skillset to lead client meetings on topics such as Metric Pack Presentation, Periodic Client Service Reviews, Ad-Hoc Issue/Resolution Meetings, and Client Onboarding Meetings.
- Innovation/Creative Thinking: team members should offer creative and innovative solutions to client issues when they arise. Team members should also look to harness these innovation skills to develop a record of process improvement, procedure control strengthening and reduction of manual touch points (MTPs).
- Business Liaison: team members will partner with the Business and Client Executive teams to facilitate the following: New Business Pitches, smooth on-boarding of new clients, ad-hoc issue solution and product/platform capability questions.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in a related role
- Relevant degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Equity Hedge and Equity Swap product knowledge essential; solid understanding of life-cycle trade capture and processing, settlements, reconciliations, Corporate Actions
- Client Service experience preferred, preferably within Prime Brokerage
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, proactive, team player
- Strong, influential communicator who is articulate and concise
- Strong risk management and control mindset
- Provides evaluative judgement based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique, dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources
- Self-reliant, strong problem solver, results orientated
- Ability to establish and build trust with professionals within the Business
Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services
Securities and Derivatives Processing
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting